looking for close match for helmet colour... - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
looking for close match for helmet colour...

Hey guys....I've been searching the different helmet companies, looking for a yellow helmet to match my Pearl solar yellow and black 2012 V.
It's sort of an orangey colour. Anyone find a match?
Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 02:42 PM

How about just going with a hi-viz yellow.

Those who say money can't buy happines haven't bought A VERSYS.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 04:54 PM

Garage
Based on the color you are looking for, I think you will have to go with black or silver to get a color match. I have never seen a yellow like that, unless you get it custom painted.

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 06:30 PM

Agreed. If color matching is important to you dont get a color that is "close" or it will look bad, like you tried to match it and missed. I dont care for black helmets myself but I have to admit, that bike screams for a black helmet. I think a dark grey or charcoal would look good as well.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 11:49 PM

How about an exact color match?
http://www.colorrite.com/matrix-colo...TOKEN=19639374

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

IBA # 49372
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2012, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

thanks...

Thanks for the replies guys. I know, I don't want to get a yellow that is "close" and not match. It does look silly. Right now I'm using an HJC FS15 "Trophy" helmet that is white and black.
I was shooting for yellow, because of it's high visibility, and while black would look sweet, it doesn't stand out very well.

The Shoei qwest has a nice yellow...http://www.shoei-helmets.com/Helmet.aspx?QWEST&h=20&t=1
but it's hard to tell online, how it would look in person!
Cheers
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2012, 02:57 PM

The Nolan N103 seems like it'd be about the closest based on the pic at Revzilla, but it's so hard to judge based on photos online. Best bet is to find a local place with a crap ton of helmets and compare. Good luck!
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2012, 09:12 PM

Helmets tend to fit different head shapes differently. Some brands/models will fit more accurately than others. IDK but I would use criteria like fit accuracy, ventilation efficiency and weight as criteria before color. See www.webbikeworld.com - lots of helmet info. Also get one with a removable liner (so you can remove to clean and wash). An extra tinted visor is really nice to have on a sunny day. Online prices from places like sport bike track gear and motorcyclegear.com can be better than local prices but you need to try on a helmet to get a good fit. Tight enough you can't chew gum.

Last edited by Sprocket; 06-08-2012 at 09:15 PM.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 12:35 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprocket View Post
Online prices from places like sport bike track gear and motorcyclegear.com can be better than local prices but you need to try on a helmet to get a good fit. Tight enough you can't chew gum.
As somebody who is the local guy with the stock to try on(not bike gear, but a different activity) this pisses me off quite a bit. If you can save ALOT of money from the online place then that is one thing, but I have had many people come in looking at things that are several hundred $'s to a grand, and sit there talking to me based on my knowledge, and personal testing, trying on all the stuff, and then tell me that XYZ.com has it for a few bucks cheaper, and go buy it. That sight may be cheaper, but you had no problem taking advantage of the local guys knowledge and stock, all of which cost them $. Running a online shop is way cheaper with much less overhead. Even better is when they bring the product back to you after buying online for warranty and because of contracts with the company you have to take care of it for no $.

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWKSHOT99 View Post
As somebody who is the local guy with the stock to try on(not bike gear, but a different activity) this pisses me off quite a bit. If you can save ALOT of money from the online place then that is one thing, but I have had many people come in looking at things that are several hundred $'s to a grand, and sit there talking to me based on my knowledge, and personal testing, trying on all the stuff, and then tell me that XYZ.com has it for a few bucks cheaper, and go buy it. That sight may be cheaper, but you had no problem taking advantage of the local guys knowledge and stock, all of which cost them $. Running a online shop is way cheaper with much less overhead. Even better is when they bring the product back to you after buying online for warranty and because of contracts with the company you have to take care of it for no $.
This does suck for local businesses, but you cant blame the consumer. As a consumer, I work for my money just as you do. My money has the same value as your's does. Why would you expect me to pay more of my valuable money for the same product and service just so you can make more money. Im sorry but its not the consumer's fault that your overhead higher than the next guy's or that a supplier charges you more than the next guy or that you agreed to some service deal that you dont like.
That being said, I shop locally if it makes financial sense, unfortunitely, it usually doesnt.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 12:02 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray h View Post
This does suck for local businesses, but you cant blame the consumer. As a consumer, I work for my money just as you do. My money has the same value as your's does. Why would you expect me to pay more of my valuable money for the same product and service just so you can make more money. Im sorry but its not the consumer's fault that your overhead higher than the next guy's or that a supplier charges you more than the next guy or that you agreed to some service deal that you dont like.
That being said, I shop locally if it makes financial sense, unfortunitely, it usually doesnt.
But what "services" are you paying for online? The web sight does not give you any info usually other than what they copied off the manufactures web sight. And I am not saying the shop should be charging alot more than the internet, but when the prices are close going into the shop to try on all of their stuff and take the time of the salesman already deciding that no matter the difference in price you are buying online.

I buy most of my stuff online, because it is cheaper. But when I want to try on a bunch or talk tech on the gear and go to the brick-and-mortar I will give them a fair opportunity to make the sale. I will pay "a little" more for the knowledge and service.

08' Versys
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 01:11 AM

Qwest is nice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOleChalupa View Post
Thanks for the replies guys. I know, I don't want to get a yellow that is "close" and not match. It does look silly. Right now I'm using an HJC FS15 "Trophy" helmet that is white and black.
I was shooting for yellow, because of it's high visibility, and while black would look sweet, it doesn't stand out very well.

The Shoei qwest has a nice yellow...http://www.shoei-helmets.com/Helmet.aspx?QWEST&h=20&t=1
but it's hard to tell online, how it would look in person!
Cheers
Yeah , my Shoei Qwest has been one of my most comfortable helmets...with ear plugs of course ...the shield is nice as it has a spring to help seal the visor edges..also it is rated to be a safe strong design....I just wish it was a no fog type coating

2013 White 650 Versys...Purrs like a kitty cat...
2007 Yamaha WR250F...Dirt Ripper...

Last edited by mminob; 06-10-2012 at 01:17 AM.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 06:27 AM

I have a yellow Nolan N102, not the same yellow. I also have a white N103.

Consider white...highly visible, goes with anything.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 07:36 AM

I seem to remember Shoie makind one the Barrcade Orange yellow od the Buell and BMW might be the same don't know.

Or was that look THEN leap?

2012 650 Versys
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 08:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mminob View Post
Yeah , my Shoei Qwest has been one of my most comfortable helmets...with ear plugs of course ...the shield is nice as it has a spring to help seal the visor edges..also it is rated to be a safe strong design....I just wish it was a no fog type coating
Yeah, the new Shoei's have the pinlock antifog screen available now. I tried one in my HJC and hated the thing though!! Felt like I was looking through a blurry window.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 10:33 AM

Anti fog spray is as good as anything but it needs to be frequently applied. Applying a coating similar to RainX (but not rainex as it damages the plastic - check the label) to the outside helps when riding in rain.

Here in Canada local bike shops charge up to 50% more than on-line US retailers. The shipping charges can eat up a big chunk of the savings but it is still usually cheaper and there is also a lot more selection than Joe Rocket and Tourmaster, which is all the local bike shops seem to carry where ever I go.

Last edited by Sprocket; 06-10-2012 at 10:40 AM.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprocket View Post
Anti fog spray is as good as anything but it needs to be frequently applied. Applying a coating similar to RainX (but not rainex as it damages the plastic - check the label) to the outside helps when riding in rain.

Here in Canada local bike shops charge up to 50% more than on-line US retailers. The shipping charges can eat up a big chunk of the savings but it is still usually cheaper and there is also a lot more selection than Joe Rocket and Tourmaster, which is all the local bike shops seem to carry where ever I go.
I know eh, what's up with all the Joe Rocket/Tourmaster stuff??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode