Olympia X-Moto Pants - review - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 04:33 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Olympia X-Moto Pants - review

Thought I would post a review of my new Olympia X-Moto pants now that I have had a chance to use them. These have an MSRP of $300 which is a little higher than pants from Tourmaster, Fieldshier, etc.. IMO the reason for this is the quality level, comfort range & protection they offer is also higher. Judging from previous experience with an Olympia jacket made with the same materials I expect these to be much more durable than the norm.

Pros
- made with 2000D Cordura on strike points (more abrasion resistant than 1.3mm leather according to MotoPort's testing) and 500D elsewhere instead of the more common and much less abrasion resistant polyester or nylon.
- stretch accordion expansion panels above knees & behind hips allow less restricted movement and adjustable fit
- stretch Cordura behind knees to keep knee armor from moving
- decent hip padding
- leather on inside of legs to prevent seat chafe and protect from exhaust heat
- high quality construction, heavy YKK zippers, heavy double stitching, etc.
- high flow venting with large closeable mesh panels on the front of thighs (left leg mesh vent open in picture)
- 3M reflective material on side of legs
- Hydrotex rain/water liner that can be worn on their own as pants

Neg
- must be hemmed as only comes with extra long legs that are designed to be hemmed. This cost $15 to have Dry cleaner hem them + $5 to move velcro leg closure tab.
- no insulating liner. This is not really a negative to me as I will probably use my own base layer like polar fleece in the extreme cold anyway. With just the wind liner they are warm down to 50F/10C
- velcro fly on rain liner, a zipper would have been nicer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front.jpg (38.1 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg back.jpg (33.7 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg hippadding.jpg (37.7 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg knee padding.jpg (38.4 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg liner1.jpg (17.8 KB, 108 views)

Last edited by twowheels; 06-06-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 05:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to brokenhat
Thanks for the review. How do they fit, I find so many pants I've tried on make me look like I'm wearing a sack.

Matt
2012 Versys, Vario ws, Barkbuster Storms, lowering blocks, flatfoot, Zumo GPS, Givi soft side bags, Axio tail bag, Wolfman Express tank bag
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
On the advice posted on Revzilla size I went up a size to use these as over pants. In my case this meant actually going up half a size (33 jean size to a 34 over pant). They are very sightly tight but not uncomfortable with jeans and liners in but usable both as over pants and regular pants. I guess because they come in more granular sizes (waist sizes like jeans) rather than the more common S, M, L fit seems more accurate than other stuff I tried on.

Note for Canadians: I got these from www.marksmotogear.com - I'm not sure whether it was luck with Canada Customs or because of the non descriptive box or because there was no invoice in the box but I did not have to pay PST/GST/HST on these when they arrived from the US. They also charged me less for shipping than Revzilla's outrageous shipping charges to Canada.

Last edited by twowheels; 05-29-2012 at 01:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode