Sena SMH10 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Sena SMH10

Just started using the SMH10. It works well for music. Unfortunately in high noise it cuts out. I have paired it Android phone for phone and media. I have also paired it with the MotoActv sports watch. It works great. Unfortunately my GPS is a Nuvi 1490LMT. My Nuvi 855 has an audio jack and will try it with a Bluetooth Analog Audio adapter. In theory this should work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 08:09 PM

What do you mean, it cuts out in high noise?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

On several rides this week the audio would stop for a few seconds. The only thing I could attribute it to was the high winds and noise. It could be that the audio stopped when my phone retrieved email. The phone calls were great. Other than a few bouts of wind noise my daughter did not realize I was on a Bluetooth headset in my helmet.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2012, 12:37 AM

That's just Bluetooth. Sometimes the connection needs to reset. My Shoei Qwest is awesome with this unit. 70mph+ speeds with tons of volume left to crank. Great bang for the buck.

Honda CBR125R Sold
Kawasaki Ninja 650R Sold
Yamaha Zuma 50 Sold
Kawasaki Ninja250R Sold
Kawasaki Versys Current Bike
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2012, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubotamantx View Post
On several rides this week the audio would stop for a few seconds. The only thing I could attribute it to was the high winds and noise. It could be that the audio stopped when my phone retrieved email. The phone calls were great. Other than a few bouts of wind noise my daughter did not realize I was on a Bluetooth headset in my helmet.
If the phone rings, the sena shuts off the music while you take the call. I would turn off your audio alerts and see if it fixes it. Most likely user error. Did you update the firmware to v4.0?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2012, 08:08 AM

If you have it set to VOX, then it'll cut out in high wind. Either use the computer-based manager or the instructions to turn it off VOX and you should be golden.

Special bike: 1968 Norton P11A
Previous bike: 2009 Versys in lovely blue
Bike for smiles: 2009 R1200R
Bike for miles: 2009 R1200GS
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2012, 11:54 AM

+1

VOX is the likely culprit.

2009 Kawasaki Versys
SWM Engine Guard; Windscreen de Jour on a MadStad bracket; Motowerk Peg Lowering kit & Stand Big Foot; ProTaper ATV Low bars; Stebel horn; KTM Duals Rear Rack; Coocase 36L topcase...and more to come

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 05:51 AM

Can I pair this unit with a bluetooth car gps, and a smartphone at the same time?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2012, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

The car gps Bluetooth is a headset connection. It will pair with the motorcycle version gps's. This is the reason I am testing the Nuvi 855 with analog jack and a analog to Bluetooth adapter. It is an inexpensive fix at $12.

I fixed the audio issue it was the email alerts. Text to audio works well. I have upgraded to 4.0.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2012, 09:35 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I have a lower wind guard on my Bell Star helment and never get wind noise in the mike.

I can be talking with another rider and my GPS will cut in with a turn direction and then I tap on the big wheel to get back to the conversation I was having with the other rider.

I wear ear plugs and can still hear everything well.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

I purchased the Taotronics Stereo Blue Tooth Audio adapter that supports A2DP. I had an older Nuvi 855 with a external speaker jack. This works great for as a MP3 player and a navigation system when paired with the Sena SMH10. The SMH10 supports 2 HFP and 1 A2DP. so if you want to use separate devices for Phone, media player and navigation then your options are limited. I have used my Droid2X with Phone, Media and navigation all linked using the Phone and media connection or the Droid 2X and NUvi 855 with the HFP protocol for the phone and the A2DP for the Nuvi for nav and MP3.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode