I need help regarding pants for tall guys... - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-07-2012, 08:17 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I need help regarding pants for tall guys...

Hey gang,
The 'webs' a mighty big place...sometimes toooo big!
So here's the deal...I have a 32 inch waist AND a 35 inch inseam!!!
(I but my blue-jeans in a size 32/36 and the fit is perfect).

I have been searching but all I can find are 'flood-pants' LOLOL ARRRGH!

If any of you have any input on what manufacturers address my size I would sure appreciate you dropping me a line here.

Thanks and ride safe.
Carl (stagehand38)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Aerodynamically sound since 1959. So says the good folk @ Lockheed, Atlanta GA.
The KLE 650 VERSYS: It can't replace the Love of a good woman but...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Bike is my solitude amongst the multitudes

"Wounds heal, chicks dig scars...Glory, lasts forever!"
TRUE PATRIOTS QUESTION EVERYTHING
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-07-2012, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator

...bragger

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-07-2012, 08:52 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
http://store.teizms.com/separates

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-07-2012, 10:13 AM

I have the opposite problem, shorter inseam and a growing waist! I'm 36 waist, 32 inseam.

I bought Scorpion Exo (Twin? or Duo?) over-pants with liner, size XL, which are tight around the waist (close to 34") and 2-3 inches too long (the knee pads are 1-2 inches too low and the cuffs drag on the ground so I'm always hiking them up). I was thinking these must be made for tall thin people, not aging widening people... I'm not sure if this is just b/c they are over-pants or whether all Scorpion products fit that way.

2008 Kawasaki Versys
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-07-2012, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear on a bicycle View Post
...bragger

yeah yeah...this is what I get for treating food as fuel!
OH...and "Bear", what's these rumors I hear about you feeling the call of the 'Tiger 1050' ???????
inquiring minds want to know!
(and trip planning is moving along nicely too...)

UPDATE: spent sometime on the phone this morning with 'Motorcycle Super Store'.
They're sending out some "TourMaster" gear for me to try on...
cross your fingers!

But anymore suggestions are welcome as I don't imagine I will be lucky the first time around....but, it's a start.

Thanks again everyone.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-07-2012, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by stagehand38 View Post
:OH...and "Bear", what's these rumors I hear about you feeling the call of the 'Tiger 1050' ???????
Come on Rick, tell us more ????
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-07-2012, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagehand38 View Post

yeah yeah...this is what I get for treating food as fuel!
OH...and "Bear", what's these rumors I hear about you feeling the call of the 'Tiger 1050' ???????
(and trip planning is moving along nicely too...)

UPDATE: spent sometime on the phone this morning with 'Motorcycle Super Store'.
They're sending out some "TourMaster" gear for me to try on...
cross your fingers!

But anymore suggestions are welcome as I don't imagine I will be lucky the first time around....but, it's a start.

Thanks again everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
Come on Rick, tell us more ????
Nothing to tell, really. One of our members recently sold her Versys and bought a Tiger 1050. I just commented in her thread, something about the Tiger calling my name too. I've always liked it. I almost bought one about a year or so back, but the seller changed his mind. I had a buyer lined up for my Versys and everything! And it was an all black Tiger too! Really nice. Anyway, in case you're wondering, I have no plans on buying a bike to replace the Versys any time soon. Not even a Tiger. Besides, I can always borrow the Ninja 250 from Bear Cub when I get the urge to ride....

By the way, that's pretty good customer service from MSS!!

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 07:00 PM

Stagehand-

Sliders brand from Competitionaccessories.com is what you. Im 6'3" 180lbs, 32" waist. I got their 32" X 36" Kevlar jeans and they fit well.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 06:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgoods View Post
Stagehand-

Sliders brand from Competitionaccessories.com is what you. Im 6'3" 180lbs, 32" waist. I got their 32" X 36" Kevlar jeans and they fit well.
Thanks "Tgoods"....great find....will be ordering the jeans too.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 11:39 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Teiz make decent mid teir gear and they custom make leather and textile pants for $250+ to (more with options as you'll want Cordura and liners). Reviewer was 6'3" with 37" inseam. http://www.webbikeworld.com/r3/teiz-navigator/

Motoport make top tier kevlar gear in custom sizing. My next pair of pants is going to be Motoport if I can afford it.

Olympia make gear in waist sizes like jeans rather than usual S,M,L and leave an extra long inseam to be hemmed. Revit also comes in tall sizes. Both make decent mid tier gear at a good price.

Lots of reviews on advrider.com IMO skip bottom tier gear like tourmaster, sliders, bilt, joe rocket, etc. For only slightly more you can get heavier, higher quality mid tier gear that lasts a lot longer, fits more accurately, breaths better, insulates better and is a lot more abrasion resistant. Most low cost gear uses much cheaper polyester or nylon which is much less abrasion resistant (~3x less ) than Cordura or Cordura clones. Also a breathable (goretex clone usually) wind/rain liner can improve comfort as it keeps you from feeling clammy under your gear and you won't be chilled as easily. Thinsulate & Exkin (very best) insulating products insulate better than polyester fill and are better below 50F. Currently using Rev'It Sand pants. IMO the best value ($price/performance) is with mid tier gear vices vs value or high end brands.

Another factor to consider is over pants vs non overpants. Non overpants fit tighter so hold armor in place better and you are more comfortable for long periods without a layer of jeans sandwiched in there but they need to be made better as most cheaper over pants require your jeans to provide full abrasion protection. Non over pants don't work well for commuting either.

Have Sliders brand jeans as well. Decent jeans for the money but I'm not really sure how much abrasion protection they offer. Fit large for the indicated size.

Last edited by twowheels; 04-12-2012 at 12:04 PM.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2012, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

Got the pants!
Had to return the goods from MSS...great service, bad fit for my build..
BUT...
I did discover a web-store based in Michigan with a real store front here in the Detroit area with garments you can actually try on!
sportbiketrackgear.com in Washington, Michigan. (26 mile road and Mound, for all you locals). (ask for Phil).
So what did I buy........
ICON Compound Mesh Overpants. full leather in all the important places and mesh where you don't.

The fit is terrific! and I feel a lot better about covering my keister in cow hide.
Thanks everyone for the suggestions.
One more month to go before I hit the road to Galveston
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ICON_compound_mesh_overpants.jpg (45.9 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg ICON_compound_mesh_overpants_black.jpg (84.6 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg ICON_compound_mesh_overpants_black_detail_3_.jpg (39.8 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg ICON_compound_mesh_side view.jpg (45.3 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by stagehand38; 04-20-2012 at 01:44 PM.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2012, 01:58 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Nice Pants....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode