Need Help Finding Women Gear - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Need Help Finding Women Gear

Hey guys,

The lady is finally coming on more trips with me so its about time to get her a solid jacket and gloves that fit properly.

Can anyone recommend a decent jacket for Late Spring, Summer, Early Fall riding? She wont ride in weather under 55 degrees, so yeah.

I assume she is a "medium" and looking to stay around $100-$125. Been looking at closeouts but its difficult to find anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 11:37 AM

LOL, I opened the website in a window about half the size of the screen and your thread title came up as "Need Help Finding Women".

On the subject of gear, considering something like this:

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street...le_jacket.html

Reasonably warm, reasonably waterproof, cool when it needs to be.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 12:18 PM

I usually buy from motogeroutlet.com they are local to Denver metro so my wife and I can try things out before we buy them. Sometimes you can catch killer one of a kind deals. However, motorcyclegear.com (used to be newenough.com) seems to have better prices overall.

She uses a mesh jacket with a waterproof liner . When it gets chilly she just wear her winter bicycle riding gear under it. Turn out heat was more of an issue than cold ( she keeps on eye on the weather when we go out and refusesto go out when it's below 50 f) so mesh

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
LOL, I opened the website in a window about half the size of the screen and your thread title came up as "Need Help Finding Women".

Thanks for the recommendation.. A little too bright, but its a solid start

I wish their website had better filters.. it amazes me that even today these internet companies have such poor content site which really discourages people like me from shopping. Do I really have to flip through 14+ pages to find a womens jacket on sale? lol
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naudan View Post
A little too bright, but its a solid start
Bright is good...the better to be seen by those who might otherwise run over you and your lady friend. Looks like there are other colors besides pink.

Go back to www.motorcyclegear.com and type "women's mesh jacket closeout" in the search box. I see 7 to choose from.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post

That jacket looks great for my wife. Is it warm enough at 60F? I want her to have enough room to layer a sweat shirt underneath in case we got caught in some chilly weather or say when it's 75 80 during the day the ride home at night and it's 60 or 55. What do you think?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyt37 View Post
That jacket looks great for my wife. Is it warm enough at 60F? I want her to have enough room to layer a sweat shirt underneath in case we got caught in some chilly weather or say when it's 75 80 during the day the ride home at night and it's 60 or 55. What do you think?
Well I finally purchased a Jacket for the lady today from Bikebandit. They were selling the "Speed and Strength Women's True Romance Mesh Motorcycle Jacket" quite cheap (on sale). Got awesome reviews on a lot of places.

Got Red to match my versys

Came out to $95 shipped and since they have a distribution center in PA, the jacket will be here by EOD tomorrow! 1 day shipping for for the price of 5-8

WOO HOO
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naudan View Post
Hey guys,

The lady is finally coming on more trips with me so its about time to get her a solid jacket and gloves that fit properly.

Can anyone recommend a decent jacket for Late Spring, Summer, Early Fall riding? She wont ride in weather under 55 degrees, so yeah.

I assume she is a "medium" and looking to stay around $100-$125. Been looking at closeouts but its difficult to find anything.
If there is a cyclegear near you take her there and let her pick one. If she is anything like my woman your better of just letting her pick and you pay. Cyclegear actually has a good selection of women's jackets at there stores.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbark View Post
If there is a cyclegear near you take her there and let her pick one. If she is anything like my woman your better of just letting her pick and you pay. Cyclegear actually has a good selection of women's jackets at there stores.
There are no good gear stores around me. She will like the jacket, or whatever I get her. She "Doesn't want a jacket", but I am forcing it on her because its stupid for her not to wear one.

Plus what girl hates red/black?!

The only thing I wont buy online are gloves, cause they are to fickle on the fit.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbark View Post
God that made me laugh so hard when I read it. I was telling my wife today those exact same words... I said just buy it at the store..... To funny.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode