Three Seahorse Cases on the way - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2011, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Three Seahorse Cases on the way

Ordered 3 Seahorse SE 720 cases for the V. Just a standard black with no locks (I can padlock them).

Picked then up for 154 shipped from carrycasesplus.com. Will followup on how soon they got to the house and quality of packing. Price seemed right though.

Next step order the Twisted Throttle Pelican adapters so I can use the quick release on my Givi racks. Then see about getting the padlocks rekeyed to the same key as the TT Adapters.

Last edited by MikeV; 12-29-2011 at 09:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2011, 10:44 AM

Nice! Free shipping over $150 is real good. I've looked at some other sites and seemed like shipping added about 50% to the order.

2009 Kawasaki Versys
SWM Engine Guard; Windscreen de Jour on a MadStad bracket; Motowerk Peg Lowering kit & Stand Big Foot; ProTaper ATV Low bars; Stebel horn; KTM Duals Rear Rack; Coocase 36L topcase...and more to come

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2011, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

My shipping was 7.99 for all three. So 147 ish for the cases and 7.99 for shipping. Still much cheaper than I expected.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2011, 01:09 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to buffamazon
Can't wait to see em mounted. What do you figure will be your total cost, including the racks, mounts and adapters?

09 Versys In Go-Fast Green
Acerbis Pro Pack Handguards
Ogio Tailbag
Ogio Saddlebags
Vortex 44T Sprocket
Wolo Bad Boy Air horn
Trackside 12 volt power adaptor
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2011, 01:11 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to offcamber
FYI Amazon carries some of the Seahorse cases....free shipping on anything over $25.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2011, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

@150$ - givi PLR450 side racks (scratch and dent from twisted throttle)
@190$ for top rack (can't wait to show this off when it gets into my hot little hands)
105$ for adapter kit for pelican from Twisted Throttle (have a 75$ gift cert yeah mom and dad even after knowing me 35 years they still love me )
156$ for 3 seahorse se720 cases
30$ for the 450Kit for the PLR side racks to attach my PLR450 racks to.

So roughly 621$ Once all is said and done. Hell the Givi bags I wanted (Trekker 36) were going to run 600-900 dollars depending on if I could get a sale. Knowing what I know now I could probably have done this for cheaper. But being new to buying on the internet for motorcycle accessories hurt me, when I grew up you had to know a guy who knew a guy who went to timbuktu for something. Now that I have a gist for the lingo and how to index my searches a little better and some cross scripting I'm sure I could do this again for about 10-20% cheaper. With the exception of one piece.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 02:23 AM

congrats! looking forward to pics and how they mount up as I have the Givi monokey racks on my '09 but no cases as one of my Kappa's was damaged from a crash and they won't sell you just one...grrrrr...
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 08:03 AM Thread Starter

Sadly my cases won't be here till Friday

Apparently they sent me the wrong tracking numbers and the mobile app version only gives minimal info for UPS. Didn't think anything of it till I checked the status update and saw they were out for delivery (YEAH!!!)... 600 miles away in Illinois (er say what?!)... had to call the company and they sent me the correct numbers. No biggy though.

Anyway the Twisted Throttle Pelican Side Adapters will be here today so I can get the rack portions set up as well as taking the adapters to the locksmith to see if they can do a single key setup for three padlocks using the same key that will come with my adapters. This way I will have 5 locks with one key. If it is too costly I will just have to suck up carrying 2-4 extra keys.

Rear rack solution should be here Saturday (somehow I think it will be Monday as fedex doesn't do residentials on weekends normally). This is the piece I am the most excited about! I can't wait to put it on the Versys and show it off.

Now I need to get a bigger cover for the Versys so I can cover it properly when all the bags are on. Sadly I do not have a garage and my wife has decided my shed is the catch all for everything she doesn't want in the house... Jokes on her because I plan on fixing it up and turning it into my work from home office this winter/spring.

"Why do I ride?"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 12:21 PM

Subscribed...

Which top rack?

Chris Brown
In SoCal
2009 V - custom black-on-black - SOLD
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 05:50 AM Thread Starter

I love Fedex and UPS email notifications. Sadly the top rack won't be here till tuesday. No biggy though I know fedex and UPS are SWAMPED with packages at the moment and besides it suits my procrastinating tendencies. Also Tuesday is my work from home day. So I know what I will be doing at lunch! It will give me a bit more time to figure out how I want to permanently mount my top case. I'm thinking metal washer, rubber washer, rubber washer, metal washer, nut and running a flat headed bolt. That way if someone really wants it they will have to break the padlock or top and access the nut inside.

I'm thinking the two rubber washers will act as a minimal water barrier and protector for the rack so it doesn't get scratched up and will hold it in place.

Going to take tomorrow and this weekend to modify my givi racks with the quick release kits from Twisted Throttle and add the adapters to the two cases for the sides. Then it's off to the locksmith to see how much it would cost to re-key a few padlocks if possible.

As for the top rack I'm going to keep that a surprise. Look for the update next week on everything.

Now to go order some reflective tape for the cases.

"Why do I ride?"

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

Credit where credit is due my fellow riders.

Link to actual pictures and ktmduals' rack that he modified.

"Why do I ride?"

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-11-2012, 07:24 PM

http://www.amazon.com/Seahorse-Waterproof-Protective-Hardcase-without/dp/B001A1TRA2/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1326331077&sr=8-9 is $77.05 for each case from amazon. They have different prices for each color case.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-11-2012, 08:13 PM

They are still $48 plus ship at http://www.seahorsecasesonline.com/p...e720-Case.html

Chris Brown
In SoCal
2009 V - custom black-on-black - SOLD
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 05:27 AM Thread Starter

I ordered from Carry Cases Plus with no locks (should have gotten them but oh well). Black SE 720 cases were 48.50 each and 7.99 shipping.

Rode into work today. 40 degrees out and slightly misty... until I was 15 miles down the highway, then it dumped. Nothing in a dry bag or plastic and my shoes, shirt and sundries stayed nice and dry.

Nothing shifted during the trip so I declare victory on this project.

"Why do I ride?"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode