Nolan N90 / Scorpion EXO-900 Comparision - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Nolan N90 / Scorpion EXO-900 Comparision

Well i've had my Scorpion Exo-900 for almost 2 years and have been eyeing the Nolan N90 for awhile but was happy with the Scorpion but after the crash and the Scorpion got road rash decided to get the Nolan. So my girl got it for me as one of my christmas gifts. So took out both helmets and put side to side. First impressions are the Nolan is smaller & lighter than the Scorpion and the Nolan fits so much better to my shape of head the Nolan fits like the Shoei Multi-Tech i had tried on very comfy. So first impressions i think i'm going to like the Nolan more but will know more once i take it out for a litle ride. Love the helmets latching system.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 10-22-2014 at 12:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 10:31 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Good looking helmet. Though I don't own one (yet) several friends do and they speak highly of the quality. It also appears that the rear "exhaust" vents should do a decent job of flowing air out of the helmet.

I'll be interested what you think of after a handful of miles.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 11:08 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
Good looking helmet. Though I don't own one (yet) several friends do and they speak highly of the quality. It also appears that the rear "exhaust" vents should do a decent job of flowing air out of the helmet.

I'll be interested what you think of after a handful of miles.

I'll keep you posted once i get out and ride with it some. Just switched out the Scala Q2 Bluetooth from the Scorpion to the Nolan.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 08:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I ordered an N-90 too today from revzilla - $216. We will see how it fits when it gets here. I have a Bell Arrow right now, works OK but not great.
I am looking forward to getting the Nolan.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 09:00 PM

I ordered the metallic white one last week, I also had been looking at this helmet for a while. This http://youtu.be/kNZthnEAKzI review had a big play in my deciding to get this one rather then save up for twice as long and get the shoei multitec.

I will fill you guys in with my perspective as well. Ya know you can get the transitions visor with the n90, the one that darkens as you expose it to UV rays.

1997 KLR 650
2011 Halle-friggin-leuya Versys

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 07:33 AM

I have been using the N-90 since early last fall and have no complaints. Fits well, fair to middlin' air flow. First modular helmet I've owned; very convenient being able to choose configurations. Anti-fog insert works great. Spkldoe likes hers as well.

Montani Semper Liberi
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Took my first ride with the Nolan N90 today. Glad i made the switch. Very comfortable, no wind coming in around the face shield, much lighter.Only thing the inner flip down shield was fogged up but it was that way out of the box. Will clean it real good and see if that takes care of the problem. i really really liked my Scorpion EXO-900 but the Nolan has it beat.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Cleaned the inner flip down shield. Problem solved.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallhorn View Post
I ordered an N-90 too today from revzilla - $216. We will see how it fits when it gets here. I have a Bell Arrow right now, works OK but not great.
I am looking forward to getting the Nolan.
You must have gotten the N90-S, which doesnt have the pinlock shield. I don't know why the S model is the base and the one without the S is the nicer one, seems backwards.

1997 KLR 650
2011 Halle-friggin-leuya Versys

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMF View Post
You must have gotten the N90-S, which doesnt have the pinlock shield. I don't know why the S model is the base and the one without the S is the nicer one, seems backwards.
Nope its the N90 the prices have dropped in the last few weeks since i got mine.I paid $224.00 shipped... http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/n...0-n-com-helmet

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode