A little help from my friends - where to buy? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-15-2011, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Smile A little help from my friends - where to buy?

Iím about to start a trip in south USA. Two weeks traveling from Miami to Smoky Mountains and back. Iíd like to use the trip also to buy some gears Iím in need. And I need almost all, from boots to helmet, pants, jackets, gloves, well everything.

Internet is fantastic and I can ďGoogle bike + clothes + FloridaĒ and get literally thousands of internet address to buy from. But very few from those stores have physical addresses to visit and try the clothes. It seems most of the stores are only virtual and donít have a physical address.

So, Iíd like to ask you for some help. I need to choose 3 or 4 good stores to visit. Places with a certain variability of items and good prices. I intend to stop at cities like Miami, Orlando, Jacksonville, Savannah, Charlotte and Gatlinburg.

Thank you all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-15-2011, 07:28 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
http://www.cyclegear.com/eng/storeSe...oreLocator.cfm

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-15-2011, 08:32 PM

+1
Cycle Gear is probably your best bet and you can look up what they have online before you go. They usually have a pretty good selection of half way decent stuff. But... somebody local to FL might have a better solution.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-16-2011, 12:01 AM

aerostich
dennis kirk
twistedthrottle
jpcycles
chaparral
new enough
motosport

IBA # 49372
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-17-2011, 05:28 PM

it would be far better for you to gear up before the trip. but to asnwer your question, here are a some....

Tellico Plains, TN:
http://www.tellicomoto.com/
-- small shop owned by an ADV guy.

Hickory, NC:
http://www.dragginjeans.com/

Atlanta area:
http://www.wowmotorcycles.com/
http://www.mtn-motorsportsga.com/

In a world full of people, only some want to ride. Isn't that crazy?
Seal/CRAZY/misquoted

=>

Last edited by kevrider; 12-17-2011 at 05:31 PM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-17-2011, 10:28 PM

Aren't all of these suggestions "online" stores?
Also not physically located between Miami and the Smokeys. So he can't stop in and try the items on for sizing and fit.

ďDonít bother me with DETAILS!Ē
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pismocycleguy View Post
Aren't all of these suggestions "online" stores?
Also not physically located between Miami and the Smokeys. So he can't stop in and try the items on for sizing and fit.
you are correct, sir.

In a world full of people, only some want to ride. Isn't that crazy?
Seal/CRAZY/misquoted

=>
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
You can get all you need for a reasonable amount at Cycle Gear, plus you get to try them on!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011, 06:53 PM

I ordered from these guys after several recommendations. Very happy, they are a primarily I think a mail order company but have a large store selling only gear in Dallas.

http://www.motoliberty.com

Check out Olympia and Rev'It as they both make better quality gear IMO than the more common brands like Tourmaster, Joe Rocket, etc.

Last edited by Sprocket; 12-18-2011 at 06:59 PM.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the suggestions. Spent some time checking their websites and I think I can get all I need. Cycle Gear has large stores at Miami, Tampa, Orlando and Jacksonville. Also have tons of options.

Kevrider, Iím sure Iíll pay a visit to tellicomoto, wowmotorcycles and mtn. By the way, Iíll do this US trip with my family in a rented car. Iíll need the bike gear for my next trip to Argentina, Chile and Paraguay ( http://www.everlater.com/luisp/viage...-paraguay-2012 )

Again, thank you for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode