What Happy Trails has to say about their rep.... - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-21-2011, 10:51 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
What Happy Trails has to say about their rep....

thought I would share what Happy Trails said in response a PM I sent them over on ADV riders...

Originally Posted by Wistrick
I want to purchase your SU racks for my 2011 Versys but after reading this thread on the Versys forum I am skeptical at best...thought I would let u comment...
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=14718
to be fair your response will probably decide if I do business with u or not

thanks in advance

Dan
Dan, please excuse the delay in responding. We only recently established a presence on Adventure Rider and am surprised I didn't receive an email alert for a private message (I've been in Wisconsin visiting family and friends for the past two weeks).

I wish to thank you for forwarding the forum message. It is not easy to read the reports of disappointed customers but being willing to take a good hard look in the mirror is always the best way for companies and individuals to grow.

There are three general complaints I see in the thread: 1) inconsistent communication and customer service, 2) shipping delays and inconsistent messages about shipping full orders and 3) poor quality instructions and issues with fitment or missing parts.

All of these reports are valid. To be sure we don't think they represent the vast majority of our order response and customer experience ... they do however represent accurately the experience of some customers. We are aware of each of the issues and have been working diligently for months to address them one-by-one. We have hired additional staff, revamped systems, created three additional venues for customer contact and service (Twitter, Facebook and our Trail-Dust blog). And perhaps most importantly, have hired a full-time person to improve our instructions.

We remain a relatively small company. But small companies must do all of the things companies of any size must do when it comes to quality control and service. We suffer each and every time we make a mistake. Most of our staff are riders, we know and love our sport and no very well the frustration when a product doesn't live up to its billing.

Having been straightforward about the above. I humbly and confidently ask you for your patronage. I can assure you each and every staff member is dedicated to providing a quality experience with our products. Please feel free to contact me directly at [email protected] if I can be of help in outfitting your Versys.

Thanks once again,

Kurt Simpson
[email protected]; 800.444.8770
http://www.happy-trail.com

Last edited by KawiMan; 10-21-2011 at 11:09 AM. Reason: fixed link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-21-2011, 04:50 PM

Good luck to them. I do, honestly, hope they will turn themselves around and address the obvious problems their company has. However, based on my recent experience with HT, I won't be buying anything from them in the near future. But who knows.....if, after time, they improve I may reconsider my opinion.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-21-2011, 10:30 PM

Talk is cheap. I hope they can turn things around.

1974 Kawasaki F11
2004 Yamaha WR450 plated
2014 Kawasaki Versys 650

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011, 07:33 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I might pay more for Kawasaki genuine accessories, but at least I know the fit and finish is good and the parts integrate well with regard to use, function and safety. I do get a discount of 20% from local dealer because he know I will scour he internet looking for the best deal.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011, 09:48 AM

I say kudos to Happy Trails for admitting their challenges and taking corrective action. Having read their response, now I would consider their product, whereas I wouldn't have before. I hope it works out for them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011, 12:42 PM

I have been frustrated with them in the past. Never had a problem with thier quality, just with how long it took for them to ship. They seem to be good people. I just decided to only order from them if I wasnt in a hurry.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-23-2011, 09:37 AM

My purchase from them went flawless. No issues, orders arrived on time, would buy again.

2011 ZSX 1000
Red / ebony
Bag Connection AERO saddlebags
Garmin Nuvi 550 rammed
Kuso heated grips
ZG touring windscreen / CalSci Tall
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-23-2011, 09:38 AM

Imnaha panniers

My purchase from them went flawless. No issues, orders arrived on time, would buy again.

Sorry got crazy with the trigger finger....

2011 ZSX 1000
Red / ebony
Bag Connection AERO saddlebags
Garmin Nuvi 550 rammed
Kuso heated grips
ZG touring windscreen / CalSci Tall
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-23-2011, 10:15 AM

My 'hat is off' to "Wistrick",
Your thoughtfulness and maturity in allowing "Happy Trails" a chance at redemption is a lesson in 'common decency'; we can all learn from.
Times are tough, and the realities of keeping and running a business in this country are difficult at best...folk do a whole lot more of just shopping and dreaming, than they do actually spending what money they have.
It sounds as if "HP" really cares.
But hard times make growth slow...and costly.
Sounds like a 'good' company trying to cope with these tumultuous times in which we live; just got a wake up call.
I haven't dealt with "HP" (yet), but it sounds like "HP" deserves a second chance...

And Wistrick, For your display of compassion and fair-play I say to you...
Well met sir...well met indeed.
Be well.
Ride safe.
Peace.
Carl (stagehand38)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Aerodynamically sound since 1959. So says the good folk @ Lockheed, Atlanta GA.
The KLE 650 VERSYS: It can't replace the Love of a good woman but...

My Bike is my solitude amongst the multitudes

"Wounds heal, chicks dig scars...Glory, lasts forever!"
TRUE PATRIOTS QUESTION EVERYTHING
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 07:14 PM

I had similar misgivings about ordering from HT after reading others experiences both here & on ADVriders.

I did however order their Teton Pannier System when they said they had it in stock & ready to ship... & I received them within 3 days. Everything I received was top quality, fit perfectly & the install was fast & easy. I'd order from them again in a heartbeat.

There was a little mix up when I ordered... I caught it when I received a confirmation email & called them immediately. The mix up was corrected before they shipped & I had my panniers & racks within 3 days.

I would strongly suggest when ordering from them.... order when they say the items are in stock (not when they say they will be in stock), insist on email confirmation & call them immediately if something doesn't seem right... it worked for my order & I'm very happy with my situation.

As others have said... their stuff is top notch & high quality... their customer service component is what needed improvement... Hopefully that is NOW a priority & they are working on it...

Their pannier system, boxes & racks are very high quality & reasonably priced (especially when compared to their competitors)...

KJ

2013 Suzuki V-Strom
2013 Honda CRF 250L
2012 Suzuki V-Strom 650-ADV
2011 Kawasaki Versys
2008 Yamaha TW200
2009 Kawasaki Vulcan
1979 Suzuki GS425 (long gone)

Last edited by Kankujoe; 10-25-2011 at 07:17 PM.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 11:00 PM

I have ther side panners and a top panner 10,000 miles on them no leaks top notch panners.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-29-2011, 06:25 PM

I, too, recently decided to take a chance despite what's been said about H-T and order a set of their SL rack system for my V within the last two weeks. I placed the order with an older gentleman (based only on his voice) who was pleasant, and they had the order out the next day (they had three SL racks in stock for the V when I called). The racks arrived four days later, and the order was complete (wasn't missing anything) with excellent fit and finish. A high quality product, if you ask me....worth trying them out if you haven't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode