Packjack Video Review for Versys - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Packjack Video Review for Versys

As Promised, Below is the link to my Video review of the Packjack Adjustable Model used on my 2011 Versys.

Description of Product (From the website):

The world’s most stable, simple, and truly portable motorcycle jack. The take-along stand that allows you to clean, lubricate, adjust, and maintain your chain anywhere, anytime. So incredibly portable and simple that you will never overlook chain maintenance again. Small enough to take with you anywhere. Stick in your pocket, store under your seat, or keep in your backpack or tank bag. Constructed from lightweight anodized aluminium. Only 9.5 Ounces and 1” X 2” X 7”. From storage to having your bike jacked up in 10 seconds. No assembly required. Large footprint for great stability. Works with all dual swingarm sport-bikes.

If anyone has specific questions, LMK!

Ordering: Special Instructions that I did because the Adjustable Version is not an option on his site yet:

If my video was not clear, this is what I did:

1) Go to the contact form: http://www.packjack.ca/contact.php Leave it at "Distribution" This will go right to Greg Hunt.

2) In the form, state that you want to order a packjack, but you want the RS Adjustable Version, but its not listed on the site. Tell them this is for the Versys. (He told me that soon it will be on the site, but not yet)

3) Wait for greg hunt to respond (or someone else). In his response, he should tell you to order the Axle Version (even though you may want it for spool) and he will recognize your order and then ship you the right one.

4) Once I placed an order, I sent him another follow-up email with my Paypal order # and such. He let me know that he received the order and that he would send the model.

There is also a contact number for you to try if you want

Last edited by naudan; 10-11-2011 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Edited with Order Directions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 07:54 PM

Thanks for taking the time to post this!

Good review!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 08:35 PM
rlj

just checked out their site and I didn't see the adjustable version. Where did you get yours?

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 09:14 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlj View Post
just checked out their site and I didn't see the adjustable version. Where did you get yours?

Its not listed on the site. Before you had to call in and ask for the RS Model or "adjustable". Now what he says on the video if you order for a versys thats what they send.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Its not listed on the site. Before you had to call in and ask for the RS Model or "adjustable". Now what he says on the video if you order for a versys thats what they send.
NEGATIVE!! OK - if my video was not clear, look at the main post - I put directions. There is no place to state what bike you have, there is only 2 options (spool and axle). Follow the directions up top to secure an adjustable model.

Last edited by naudan; 10-10-2011 at 09:58 PM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 12:07 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
You will need to skip to the 5min mark of the video to find out what a Packjack is, what it does and how it works and why you would want one. It would be good to explain these things up front for those of us that are not familiar with it or don't want to fast forward.

Last edited by twowheels; 10-11-2011 at 12:13 PM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 12:22 PM

What did it wind up costing with shipping and all? Nice vid btw...

Life without GOD is like an unsharpened pencil...........
It has NO point
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 02:33 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to offcamber
Quote:
Originally Posted by miblue View Post
What did it wind up costing with shipping and all? Nice vid btw...
Looks like about $48 with the shipping....a bit spendy for what it is.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by offcamber View Post
Looks like about $48 with the shipping....a bit spendy for what it is.
Correct -- It was exactly $47.95. Again, a bit expensive, but a large part of the cost is the shipping as Canada to US (as claimed on the site)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
You will need to skip to the 5min mark of the video to find out what a Packjack is, what it does and how it works and why you would want one. It would be good to explain these things up front for those of us that are not familiar with it or don't want to fast forward.
Sorry I assumed people knew what it was - ill document it in the description.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode