Caribou case question. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 12:49 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
phoxmeh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Georgia
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to phoxmeh
Caribou case question.

Ok well... I've been looking around trying to find references or help about how the Caribou cases are mounted on the Versys. I'm more planning for the future (as I hope to be getting a Versys very, very soon) and luggage is my main topic right now XD
I'm wanting to mount some caribou panniers and a top rack of some sort, possibly the top rack seen here on the forums made by a member here (sorry, i can't remember your name right now...) and I'm trying to see if there would be any issues with it... I know i've seen like all the SW-Motech side and top racks are not compatible with each other, as I was considering using the SW-Motech + caribou cases. But I'm not sure about all these compatibility issues... I'd rather not have to modify my bike so much to mount luggage...

Now the question is, does anyone have any good pictures with the mounting racks from caribou? I'm just curious to how they are mounted and also if anyone has used maybe the caribou racks or the SW-Motech with a compatible top rack as to mount a caribou top case too. (and yes I'm very set on caribou cases at this point )

Any help would be great! Thanks!
phoxmeh is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 10:35 AM
Member
 
Baron650's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 943
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Member CJBrown has some great pics of his bike with the cases on. OK, they're not Caribou, they're Seahorse, but if you really gotta spend the extra money on luggage the mounting would be the same. He's got the top & sides.
Baron650 is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
phoxmeh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Georgia
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to phoxmeh
thanks, I'll look it up.

Also now I've narrowed my question a bit, I found the top rack here http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=12005
Now has anyone had experience using it with the SW-Motech Evo rack for the versys? I'm very curious. THANKS!
phoxmeh is offline  
 
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 03:13 PM
Member
 
BAMF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Denver co
Posts: 765
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ead.php?t=1236

1997 KLR 650
2011 Halle-friggin-leuya Versys
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BAMF is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 11:46 AM
Member
 
Thumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, Fl
Posts: 718
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoxmeh View Post
Ok well... I've been looking around trying to find references or help about how the Caribou cases are mounted on the Versys. I'm more planning for the future (as I hope to be getting a Versys very, very soon) and luggage is my main topic right now XD
I'm wanting to mount some caribou panniers and a top rack of some sort, possibly the top rack seen here on the forums made by a member here (sorry, i can't remember your name right now...) and I'm trying to see if there would be any issues with it... I know i've seen like all the SW-Motech side and top racks are not compatible with each other, as I was considering using the SW-Motech + caribou cases. But I'm not sure about all these compatibility issues... I'd rather not have to modify my bike so much to mount luggage...

Now the question is, does anyone have any good pictures with the mounting racks from caribou? I'm just curious to how they are mounted and also if anyone has used maybe the caribou racks or the SW-Motech with a compatible top rack as to mount a caribou top case too. (and yes I'm very set on caribou cases at this point )

Any help would be great! Thanks!
I have Caribou and they have 20k miles on them now. Been great! I used Givi rack on mine.

The locks are the reason I went with Caribou and I am sold on their quality and utility.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KMW_Versys.jpg (565.7 KB, 153 views)

"The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends"
IBA #23562

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Thumper is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
phoxmeh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Georgia
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to phoxmeh
@Thumper Thanks! Yeah the locks was a nice key point for me. I don't wanna have to fumble with pad locks or anything xD

Also nice looking bike!

BTW, what size cases do you have on there?
phoxmeh is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011, 07:38 PM
Member
 
Thumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, Fl
Posts: 718
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoxmeh View Post
@Thumper Thanks! Yeah the locks was a nice key point for me. I don't wanna have to fumble with pad locks or anything xD

Also nice looking bike!

BTW, what size cases do you have on there?
I went with 36 liter. They are slightly larger than my old FJR bags but, I can really pack a bunch more in them. No paint to scratch either.

If I ever buy that Tiger 800 I lust for, I will keep the bags for that.

"The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends"
IBA #23562

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Thumper is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011, 08:53 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 90
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
seahourse cases

hey guys u might no be aware but u can get locking latches for the Seahorse case 15.00 buck for metal and 6 bucks for plastic....

Dan
Wistrick is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 04:25 PM
Member
 
Thumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, Fl
Posts: 718
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Good information Dan. I didn't see the locks when I was looking at plastic cases last year. Might have saved a few bucks if I had. They do show them on their website.

"The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends"
IBA #23562

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Thumper is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 09:26 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 90
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Good information Dan. I didn't see the locks when I was looking at plastic cases last year. Might have saved a few bucks if I had. They do show them on their website.
I googled Seahorse locks...

Dan
Wistrick is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome