TourMaster over pants!! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-28-2011, 06:41 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
TourMaster over pants!!

good morning,

just made a 420 mile trip with the Tourmaster Overpants (leatherup....$120)

really great pants...full leg zipper, large pockets, thigh vents, and knee and hip pads......velcro waist adj. and overlap on the zippers..and at the bottom of the leg....

didn't rain, however, very comfortable in 90+ heat....fit over my jeans was excellent, lots of room...knee pads and hip pads stayed in place the whole trip.....

46+mpg....hard to keep this beast under 6000 rpm with ear plugs...windy...

corbin seat did OK, however will look for another...

nelson rigg 50's did ok for a one night visit...

pura vida,
FREE TEXAS,
bluebonnet2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-28-2011, 07:44 AM

Thanks for the input on the tourmaster over pants, i have been thinking of buying some of those.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-28-2011, 05:17 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Which model pants? I have the Caliber pants that claim to be waterproof and also have a quilted liner. Great pants in cool weather but not quite waterproof. More like water resistant.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-28-2011, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

good evening,

tourmaster overpant....leatherup.com...free delivery and got 'em in 4 days...$120....

hope this helps...no model #...

pura vida,
FREE TEXAS,
bluebonnet2
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-28-2011, 09:44 PM

Riding with them most of the year. Use them for commuting to the office every day. They are waterproof as long as you remember to zip the vents. Prefer to use mesh when it gets hot but these are tolerable up to mid 80's. Good when it gets cold.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-29-2011, 07:38 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebonnet2 View Post
good evening,

tourmaster overpant....leatherup.com...free delivery and got 'em in 4 days...$120....

hope this helps...no model #...

pura vida,
FREE TEXAS,
bluebonnet2
I just went to tourmaster's site and "overpant" is the model name. I would like to get a report from someone who has ridden in a lengthy downpour.

2 buddies and I bought the 'Caliber' pants which are $50 more than the 'overpant' and were disappointed when the crotch area leaked while riding in a downpour. I am glad I had my Frogg Toggs with me as a backup. I had to wear them under the caliber pants the next day because they didn't dry in all the humidity we were in.

I have yet to find waterproof gear that is truly waterproof. I will always put the Frogg Toggs on if I know it is going to be a lengthy rain.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-30-2011, 02:16 PM

I tried to order one - they don't have medium or large. small, 2x and 3x is what is available.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-30-2011, 04:34 PM

Check this site http://motogearoutlet.com/products/pants/tmoverpant.htm

No garment is waterproof. They have different levels of water resistance. When it pours I wear my two piece rain suit. Even when I'm wearing the overpants.

Last edited by Boricua; 09-30-2011 at 04:36 PM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-30-2011, 10:49 PM

I've got the TourMaster Overpants too. I got caught in a bad driving rain storm last May during a 3 hour trip and instead of stopping, forged forward so I'd reach my destination before nightfall. I was immersed for well over 2 hours in the driving wet. The pants performed very well, though they got a little soggy in the seat toward the later third of the trip. For all the rain I went through, I was quite impressed. I figure only an aquatic wetsuit would've fared better under all that rain. I say that in jest; I figure a rain/riding suit would do better, but my experience is that they tend to flap too much and beat you to death. I'd rather be a little soggy and cut the wind cleanly. I've used the TourMaster Overpants in other storms not near as bad and they were great with no seepage at all. Period of exposure probably has a lot to do with it. On hot days, the vents allow a surprising amount of air flow, probably up from the bottom cuff. I don't wear them on the hottest of days 'cause I might pass out from heat exhaustion. They are fantastic on cooler days especially when it's dry. Overall, they are quite comfortable and ergonomic for me; I have the medium size. I got 'em for $117 w/free shipping from NewEnough.com (which is now called MotorcycleGear.com). Hope this is helpful for somebody...

Life without GOD is like an unsharpened pencil...........
It has NO point
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-01-2011, 06:26 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by miblue View Post
I'd rather be a little soggy and cut the wind cleanly.
NOt when it is 50 degrees out. I agree that Frogg Toggs work better on touring bikes than on semi naked bikes. I may start carrying my North Face Gortex gear with me on the bike. Not doing any backpacking now and limited hiking. The Nortface gear is extremely waterproof, but expensive. I didn't want to risk sliding down the road with it on prior to now.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-01-2011, 10:31 PM

After going down on I80 last month in a down pour at night at approx. 70mph. And literally walking away. I will never again complain about the heat experienced in my Tourmaster Quest Pants. Or my Tourmaster Jackets. I have found that spraying the seams with camp dry or similar helps alot. But what really works the best is sitting on a beaded seat. With out it the water will puddle on the seat and it will not be long until you feel like you have piddled.

lol poet!

Ride em if ya got em!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode