ICON Patrol Jacket and Gloves - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
rlj

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
ICON Patrol Jacket and Gloves

For my birthday coming up this week, I purchased a Patrol Jacket and Gloves today. The jacket is by far the nicest winter jacket I've personally seen. Looking forward to testing it out in the mountains later this week where it should be nice and cool. Anyone else have any long term experience with the jacket?

Gloves seem to be fine for moderate temperatures. I don't think they will stay warm below 45 or 50. They fit nice and have pretty good feel to them.

FYI, my wife and I have an agreement when it comes to birthdays, I go buy myself my own present and she does the same. Every year I get exactly what I wanted.......and she does too!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlj View Post

FYI, my wife and I have an agreement when it comes to birthdays, I go buy myself my own present and she does the same. Every year I get exactly what I wanted.......and she does too!
You are my hero...i`m gonna propose this tonight(as soon as she gets home)..but just in case you got any extra room?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Happy birthday....

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 09:34 AM
NYG

rlj,
I am enjoying my first fall with a pair of Icon Patrol Waterproof gloves and I've been impressed. Last week my ride to work was 15 minutes at 40 degrees and my hands held up very nicely. I was afraid I would lose feel compared to my summer gloves, but it has not been that bad; a difference, but not unsafe feeling.

Good luck, and I like the arrangement.

Mike
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 07:05 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
I like the look of the Icon Patrol better than the Olympia AST which has a similar price point. The Olympia however seems to be more abrasion resistant (heavy Cordura vs lighter weight nylon) and has better summer venting. The lighter weight construction of the Icon makes it more flexible though and much lighter in weight.

Last edited by twowheels; 10-03-2011 at 08:14 AM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
rlj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid4Life View Post
You are my hero...i`m gonna propose this tonight(as soon as she gets home)..but just in case you got any extra room?
Was she game for the idea or did she kick you out? My wife didn't know it but she bought me a pair of Icon Super Duty 4 Boots as well. They should be arriving any day now.....

Last edited by rlj; 10-03-2011 at 08:04 PM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
rlj

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
rlj,
I am enjoying my first fall with a pair of Icon Patrol Waterproof gloves and I've been impressed. Last week my ride to work was 15 minutes at 40 degrees and my hands held up very nicely. I was afraid I would lose feel compared to my summer gloves, but it has not been that bad; a difference, but not unsafe feeling.

Good luck, and I like the arrangement.

Mike
I was up in the mountains this weekend in 40-45 degree weather and the jacket and gloves did just fine. For my second ride of the day I actually took the liner out of the jacket and I was never chilled. Gloves did much better than I anticipated.....I was out well over an hour and half each ride.

I think the jacket with liner will be able to handle very low temps, a lot lower than I'll be riding.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
rlj

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
I like the look of the Icon Patrol better than the Olympia AST which has a similar price point. The Olympia however seems to be more abrasion resistant (heavy Cordura vs lighter weight nylon) and has better summer venting. The lighter weight construction of the Icon makes it more flexible though and much lighter in weight.
I'm not familiar with the Olympia however it's hard to imagine it's heavier than the Icon Patrol with the liner in. The Olympia must be real heavy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode