Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

7Likes
  • 5 Post By Indelibility
  • 1 Post By AlaskaJeff
  • 1 Post By Naitramde

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-06-2017, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

Tank Bag

Anyone here have experience with the Kawasaki tank bag? I'm wondering how easy it is to remove (looks simple enough from the manual)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-07-2017, 04:27 AM

Garage
I'd personally go with a Givi or SW Motech with the ring adapter.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-07-2017, 04:36 AM

Garage
Tank Bag

WHY oh WHY do people respond to a question with something other than what was asked about??? He didn't ask what brand of tank bag does everyone recommend, did he? OK rant over

I've been using one on my 2011 for years with no problems. It goes on and comes off just fine. It fits the contour of the tank perfectly since it is OEM.
BLACK DOG likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeff Reichel Palmer, ALASKA
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycle…just inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-07-2017, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfall View Post
Anyone here have experience with the Kawasaki tank bag? I'm wondering how easy it is to remove (looks simple enough from the manual)?
I have a very slightly used MaKaw tank bag purchased for my '15 available iff'n you want. In new condition. Lemme know soon, fixing to bug out from under Irma later today. Won't return until maybe Monday/Tuesday and could have a lot of other priorities to deal with.

Not sure you can PM yet so shoot me an email to irideana14 at inbox dot com. Or call/text to 352 9seven3 81o3.

$100 US shipped CONUS seems fair. PayPal is good.

Later.

Yeah, if you want true ram air tuning, you better be willing to ram some air! (SteveinSunnyFlorida)

'15 KLE650LT
'99 Concours(with 234,xxx miles on it), sold
'98 KLR650

And most of Canada too, eh?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-07-2017, 09:19 AM

Garage
I just recently bought a Kawi bag for my GenII, so far so good. The mounting is easy and secure. It's easy to flip up to fill the tank but I haven't really loaded it down with gear yet.

The space for the GPS/phone/map under the window is kinda an odd size, IMO. My garmin doesn't fit and its too big for the phone (I have to fill the extra space with a towel when I put my phone in it).
AlaskaJeff likes this.

Ed

2011 Versys 650

Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent... Proverbs 17:28
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 12:15 PM

Garage
What are the dimension for the gps pouch? Does the bag interfere with your body at all? Looks like those go pretty low on the tank towards the seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naitramde View Post
I just recently bought a Kawi bag for my GenII, so far so good. The mounting is easy and secure. It's easy to flip up to fill the tank but I haven't really loaded it down with gear yet.

The space for the GPS/phone/map under the window is kinda an odd size, IMO. My garmin doesn't fit and its too big for the phone (I have to fill the extra space with a towel when I put my phone in it).

ArmyGreens

14 Kawasaki Versys
07 GSXR 750 (Sold)
05 ZX6R (Sold)
01 ZX6R (Rest In Pieces)

“Lead me, follow me, or get the hell out of my way.”
- George S. Patton Jr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode