versys color - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
sm3

versys color

does anyone know when or if the color will change i really would like it a whole lot better blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 04:37 PM

The 09s should be a different color...I would guess black and green.

Graham

To do is to be. -Descartes
To be is to do. -Voltaire
Do be do be do. -Frank Sinatra

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

States I've ridden in so far

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 08:35 PM

I'm gonna guess candy plasma blue and diablo black metallic. The candy green would be neat but just not seeing Kawasaki using it on a Versys..

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 02:06 AM
Bob

Erm, what other colors are you guys talking about? As far as I've seen the colors sofar were:

07:
Red
Silver
Third one?

08:
Diablo Black
Plasma Blue
Candy Green

It all depends on which colors they release where, I think we are lucky in SA as I've seen all those colors... and took black off course

08' Diablo Black Kawasaki Verys
98' 3.0L V6 Colt Rodeo D/C (Engine rebuilt, Body lift, Monroe Shocks, 32" Wrangler MTR's, GME GX300)

Work hard, play harder. --Bob
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 04:30 AM

I called Kawasaki USA yesteday. They weren't sure what colors will be released, but the guy thought candy plasama blue would be the only color for 2009. I WANT BLACK OR SILVER!!!!!!!!!!!

'I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent'

Yeah, that’s a statistic sample size of 1, category “anecdotal evidence”, but there it is.

"You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos motherfu#&er!!" -Red, from Pineapple Express.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 12:30 PM

Here in the Great White North the 07s came in Burnt Orange and Black I believe. Instead of silver the framework and moldings are black. I think the Orange is sharp.
I was torn between the Blue or Red. Red won because it is more visible (safety), and because the Red coils on the rear shock look sharp.
I'm very happy with the Red but I must say the Green looks fast.

muskie
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskie View Post
Here in the Great White North the 07s came in Burnt Orange and Black I believe. Instead of silver the framework and moldings are black. I think the Orange is sharp.
I was torn between the Blue or Red. Red won because it is more visible (safety), and because the Red coils on the rear shock look sharp.
Yes the green is fast !!! 120 with 16 t front sprocket
Attached Images
File Type: jpg versys_01[1].jpg (885.0 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg 1195-1445[1].jpg (52.2 KB, 318 views)
File Type: jpg w428h321_00000340445D122D[1].jpg (29.9 KB, 298 views)
File Type: jpg w428h321_00000340445DDDDF[1].jpg (29.1 KB, 272 views)

Last edited by Willie Fawcett; 09-05-2008 at 12:48 PM.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 01:55 PM

I have the Plasma Blue Versys out East in Nova Scotia. I think it goes nicely with the water...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Versys River.jpg (87.4 KB, 342 views)
File Type: jpg Versys Sunset.jpg (57.2 KB, 289 views)
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 02:02 PM

The candy green looks good for a few minutes but I don't know if I'd want to go out the garage door with it every day. The black is really sharp.

I'm calm like a bomb!

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-21-2008, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskie View Post
I remember when I was kid my Dad read something about colours of cars, they found that Blue and Yellow were the most noticeable, and that green oddly enough was the least noticeable. I think the V would look great in Kawasaki green though.

"A coward dies a thousand deaths...a soldier dies but once." (Tupac Shakur)
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-21-2008, 02:54 PM

Hey boogie, I live out in nova scotia too, work in Halifax, haven't seen another Blue V out here yet.

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-21-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared View Post
Hey boogie, I live out in nova scotia too, work in Halifax, haven't seen another Blue V out here yet.
Really? I'm surprised by that. Sackville Motorsports and the Bike shop in around Canso has one as well.

But your welcome to see mine.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-21-2008, 03:18 PM

Pink is the hardest color to see at night. The stealth fighter was supposed to be pink because it's the most difficult to see, but the pilots would none of that. There was a British SAS outfit that used pink camo in WWII in the desert.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-21-2008, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukejt View Post
Pink is the hardest color to see at night. The stealth fighter was supposed to be pink because it's the most difficult to see, but the pilots would none of that. There was a British SAS outfit that used pink camo in WWII in the desert.
The camo F-117 was shades of light gray and brown. It's a good story though. The pink is a new embellishment I hadn't heard!

The haze gray presently used by the Air Force and Navy is really incredible. Half a mile and it's hard to seem, couple miles and you lose it completely.

I'm calm like a bomb!

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-21-2008, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogie View Post
Really? I'm surprised by that. Sackville Motorsports and the Bike shop in around Canso has one as well.

But your welcome to see mine.
I live and work in Halifax - been driving my blue versys to work in the south end almost every day since I got it!
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-21-2008, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Lefty View Post
The camo F-117 was shades of light gray and brown. It's a good story though. The pink is a new embellishment I hadn't heard!

The haze gray presently used by the Air Force and Navy is really incredible. Half a mile and it's hard to seem, couple miles and you lose it completely.
It's a 100% true story....I'm not making it up.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-21-2008, 07:04 PM

My, that's a pretty airplane you've got there!

I heard the same story - sort of. I heard that the color the Air Force researchers determined was hardest to see was a sort of lavender-purplish. And yes, I also heard that the pilots were having none of that slightly gay color scheme.

HandKPhil
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JehanQuadi View Post
I live and work in Halifax - been driving my blue versys to work in the south end almost every day since I got it!
I've seen only an orange one (with two brother exhaust, sounds wicked) and a black one passes by on the other side of the highway now and then. People often tell me they saw me riding, but usually not where I was, so must have been one of you guys. I wonder how many V's are out here on the east coast?

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008, 11:51 PM

Quote:
[]Here in the Great White North the 07s came in Burnt Orange and Black I believe. Instead of silver the framework and moldings are black. I think the Orange is sharp

My wife's got the orange & the compliments she gets on the colour are nonstop!! They got the blue here in Kelowna that looks killer too. I think the NINJA green would look good on the V!!
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared View Post
I've seen only an orange one (with two brother exhaust, sounds wicked) and a black one passes by on the other side of the highway now and then. People often tell me they saw me riding, but usually not where I was, so must have been one of you guys. I wonder how many V's are out here on the east coast?
I talked to a guy on an orange one at the Armdale Rotary last week, didn't notice his exhaust because we were in traffic. Also saw a black one riding down Lacewood Ave.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode