Ordered A New Helmet - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-09-2017, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Ordered A New Helmet

Since the old helmet got messed up yesterday i decided to go ahead and order a helmet I've had my eye on.Tried it on at the dealership and liked it. Will not use the beak with it. With my Revzilla Cash and no taxes the dealership was 50 bucks more so i ordered it at Revzilla.....https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...o-at950-helmet

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-09-2017, 07:13 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
That's pretty impressive - Darth Vader! Says it's for narrow heads so that lets me out. Too bad, it's rather sinister looking.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-09-2017, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
That's pretty impressive - Darth Vader! Says it's for narrow heads so that lets me out. Too bad, it's rather sinister looking.

Hmmmm..I don't feel i have a narrow head. The cheek pads were very snug but not bad. The field of vision is awesome though.....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-10-2017, 10:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I looked at your old helmet and noticed the damage in the chin area. I'm glad you had the face portion down. Some people that wear modular ride with the face portion up for comfort, especially when it's hot. I remember the portion in the MSF course that discussed what portion of the head hits first during a collision and a lot of times it's the chin/face. I cringe when I see open face helmets on the road. Had a motor officer from a local LA County agency that was involved in a collision recently. He was wearing a modular with the face shield potion locked in the up potion. He had major chin/face trauma that could have been prevented if the shield had been down.

Just my .02$, glad you were geared up and lived to ride another day.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-10-2017, 10:58 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
id have to say im not huge on the lack of venting, ive also never been a fan of that style of drop down visor mechanism they some times fail then your stuck with the visor in the down position and have to tape it up out of the way , i wish i could find the one i was wanting, its modular has the drop down visor and the air brace system and was around $200,

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-10-2017, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch71 View Post
I looked at your old helmet and noticed the damage in the chin area. I'm glad you had the face portion down. Some people that wear modular ride with the face portion up for comfort, especially when it's hot. I remember the portion in the MSF course that discussed what portion of the head hits first during a collision and a lot of times it's the chin/face. I cringe when I see open face helmets on the road. Had a motor officer from a local LA County agency that was involved in a collision recently. He was wearing a modular with the face shield potion locked in the up potion. He had major chin/face trauma that could have been prevented if the shield had been down.

Just my .02$, glad you were geared up and lived to ride another day.

Yea i love modulars helmets but will not ride with the chin up. I like to be able to lift the chin when your talking to someone at a stop or to grab a quick drink without having to take the helmet off. The helmet i had on was my old Nolan N90 that i started back using recently because i like with it that when the chin was lifted the camera was mounted so that it would still video whats ahead of you. With the Nolan N104 i had been using the way the camera was mounted was on the chin section so when you raised the chin bar the camera would point up to the sky..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-10-2017, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Ordered the new helmet yesterday afternoon. UPS just dropped it off

New Helmet by weljo2001, on Flickr

silviefox likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-10-2017, 08:06 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Very nice looking helmet. And I like the warning "Always secure chin strap when wearing helmet" That's not quite as bad as having to say "Always make sure the eye port and face shield face toward the front when putting helmet on." Are we really that stupid? Doh!!
weljo2001 likes this.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-10-2017, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Very nice looking helmet. And I like the warning "Always secure chin strap when wearing helmet" That's not quite as bad as having to say "Always make sure the eye port and face shield face toward the front when putting helmet on." Are we really that stupid? Doh!!

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-10-2017, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
P1020068 by weljo2001, on Flickr

P1020069 by weljo2001, on Flickr

P1020070 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-10-2017, 10:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:

Taking that sticker off was the first thing i did...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 09:38 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
That's a nice looking helmet. Unfortunately I've tried on a few different Scorpions and they don't fit my head shape.
weljo2001 likes this.

I don't care what you ride, just ride.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviefox View Post
id have to say im not huge on the lack of venting, ive also never been a fan of that style of drop down visor mechanism they some times fail then your stuck with the visor in the down position and have to tape it up out of the way , i wish i could find the one i was wanting, its modular has the drop down visor and the air brace system and was around $200,

I'll have to check it out on the bike before i can comment on the venting but it looks like it should do better than both my Nolans from what i can see. The vents on the nose piece look pretty big when opened....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 02:28 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
I'll have to check it out on the bike before i can comment on the venting but it looks like it should do better than both my Nolans from what i can see. The vents on the nose piece look pretty big when opened....
ya keep us up to date on that, i have to say venting has been one of my pet peeves when it comes to helmets , ive had some with venting so bad you can easily heat heat stroke on a day under 100*F

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by james75 View Post
That's a nice looking helmet. Unfortunately I've tried on a few different Scorpions and they don't fit my head shape.

I do well with the intermediate/oval helmets...There were a few helmets i liked but they were for a rounder head

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Finally got to use the helmet bringing the bike back from the dealership today. Very comfy,huge field of view and good air flow without having the vent on top of the helmet open. Like it better than the 2 Nolans I've had. If it had a quick latch system instead of the D-Rings it would be perfect.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage

P1020103 by weljo2001, on Flickr

P1020104 by weljo2001, on Flickr

P1020099 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator

thanks for sharing.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
...If it had a quick latch system instead of the D-Rings it would be perfect.
Joe - I've seen adverts (SOMEWHERE!) for D-rings you can retro-fit. (Maybe in the back-sections of CYCLE WORLD...?)
weljo2001 likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Joe - I've seen adverts (SOMEWHERE!) for D-rings you can retro-fit. (Maybe in the back-sections of CYCLE WORLD...?)

I bought a gadget to make it a quick release on my old EXO-900. It didn't work or i wasn't smart enough to make it work..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode