camping Hammack - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-29-2008, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

camping Hammack

ok I have heard of this through a ffriend and they are amazing!!! 3 lbs of weight http://hennessyhammock.com/ I freaking love it

Working to make it my Streetfighter
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
V
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-31-2008, 02:38 PM

Been there done that. I hunted in 2003 in CO (elk bow hunt) with that job. You must have a barrier underneath to keep in the warm and the cold out even with a 20 degree sleeping bag.

I used the pleated aluminum hot water tank insulation stuff, cut to fit a little larger than my sleeping bag, it goes in the hammock under your sleeping bag. Roll up and pack with sleeping bag to carry. Works pretty well, during rain must have your clothes in a trash bag underneath to keep dry and be handy when you get out, boots also!

Sags a little but does a surprising good job, the rain fly when tied off correctly kept me dry. Setups is simple and fast, just need to find couple of trees right distance apart.

07 K1200GT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 Tiger 1050 (on the way)
08 Versys (Sold)

08 Ninja 250r (wife's)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-31-2008, 09:45 PM

I've done quite a bit of backpacking etc with a hammock and I love it. Light, easy, don't need flat ground. It does take a bit of different knowledge however. Like versys guy said, you need insulation under you that won't compress.

If you like the Hennessy, check out Jacks R Better for their under quilts. http://www.jacksrbetter.com/

If you like, you can make your own hammock for a lot less. Check out the Yahoo group Hammock Camping. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hammoc...ec=group&slk=1

Enjoy

A diamond is just a hunk of coal
that didn't quit under pressure

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 10:11 PM

We found these (or something similar) and they're at the top of our list! Screw a tent- we're getting hammocks!!! And yes, sleeping pad was highly recommended. Also heard that (as feet are often elevated) feet can get a little chilly... research and reading reviews gives all sorts of tips and tricks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode