Sena Phone Apps - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 06:53 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Lightbulb Blue Tooth Headset Phone Apps available

Recently discovered there are two Sena Android Apps that work with my Sena 10S. If you have an older Sena device, like I do, you may be unaware these are available now, as they were not at the time of purchase. "My Sena" app allows you to easily change the device settings, something you were only able to do from a linked computer previously. The other allows you to extend the range of your Sena device by using your phones to dial a connected device.

Also Sena has released several firmware updates for it's devices that increase features and reliability of your existing device. Be sure to keep the firmware on your Sena device updated. "My Sena" app will help with this task.

See Google Play and search for "sena" for Android devices. Ensure the app you are downloading is from "sena" and not another company. I would imagine Cardio and other brand name head set manufacturers have similar apps compatible with their devices.

Unsure, but these apps may have also been ported to the apple phone platform.

Last edited by twowheels; 06-05-2017 at 07:00 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 07:07 AM

Garage
The Second one you mention is "Ride Connected" I've tried it with a friend , but the usability is not there yet. Yes it's nice to create a connection of limitless distance, but you have to create a new chat group every time you get together (and get a unique code to the other members, there is no way to save a friends list of previously connected riders, who can come and go as they need to. This makes it almost impossible to reconnect with your friend the next day when you catch up with them on the highway. With paired Bluetooth, If they have their comm on, I could just tap to talk and we'd be chatting. but right now with Ride Connected, if I see my friend, I'd have to open the phone, create a new ride group, get the unique code, share the code with him over txt, or prompt him to check his phone for the code, he'd have to join the group, then we could chat... very cumbersome. This will be very good if they work out saved friend lists, and persistent chat groups.

I ride to get lost and find my way back.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 09:46 AM

Garage
If you own a Sena 20S do not update the firmware past 1.6.3 (If I remember off the top of my brain correctly the version). I bought a 20S 4 months ago and tried to upload the latest firmware which I believe is 1.7.2 or .3 but it causes the unit to crash. I did a lot of research and the prevailing thoughts are that 1.7.x has issues and can cause crashes, as I found out. Some people are fine with the update but they do not use the features that are affected by the update.

Anyway, just putting it out there to beware of the current versions of the firmware. If you do have a problem you can always go back to a previous version.

Ed

2011 Versys 650

Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent... Proverbs 17:28

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 08:19 PM

Garage
The 20S is up to firmware version 1.75 and it's very good. it adds a considerable boost to the volume so if you ride with ear plugs like I do, you will appreciate it. I no longer have to have the volume all the way up to hear anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode