Drift Ghost 4K Camera (New) - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Drift Ghost 4K Camera (New)

While it was announced last September that this would be the new action camera model developed by Drift Innovations, they did not start getting shipped in the US until a couple of weeks ago. I got mine on Friday and tried to start learning how to use it. It is slick, and small, and has a ton of features. A couple of items that might be a little different for those that are currently using the ghost models are:
1-There is no screen (at this time) to view what you are doing or playbacks. However, they show that this will be one of the "add on" modules in the future.
2 - Without the small screen, you can rely on your instincts, or have the Wi-Fi connected to your phone and see everything
3- The battery pack is in the area on the side of the camera where the screen would normally be, and it looks like at some time in the future, they will be selling a different battery pack that has a screen on it.
4- the highly touted vibration reduction settings are not usable in the 4K format. You can use the VR setting in some of the lower resolutions. Really? Why have the features if they don't all work together?
5 - I read somewhere in the instructions that the 4K format videos are not compatible for viewing on many computers. I'm guessing that mean phone also.
6 - It has a car recording mode that does an overwrite loop after certain time periods you choose, and this starts and stops when plugged into a hot lead.

MORE TO FOLLOW. I'll be taking this on a trip over the weekend and try to learn to use it before I mount it on my helmet or on the V. Anybody else got one? If you use this, or one of the other Ghost models, how do you mount it on you bike, or do you always have it on your helmet like our friend Weljoe?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ghost 4K package.jpg (32.5 KB, 34 views)

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 05:41 PM

Garage
Get one of these to stick a flat drift mount to then you can just click your camera in and take it off easy peasy....https://www.amazon.com/National-Prod...rds=ram+mounts

Then you can use an assortment of ram ball mounts to put it where you want.......

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Get one of these to stick a flat drift mount to then you can just click your camera in and take it off easy peasy....
Kewl, makes it look like a cop taking radar!

Science...because we don't figure things out by praying.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 07:14 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
Kewl, makes it look like a cop taking radar!
That front one was for photos. But yea people use to give strange looks when i came by...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-30-2017, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

All, I am still in the learning mode, and will mount to my helmet this coming weekend. This thing is slick, and the learning curve is not that bad, but there is a lot to learn. Will post some stuff next week.

Joe, a few questions for you on the Drift. I take it you are using a blue tooth mic, or a hard wired remote mic?

Also, do you leave the Drift run constantly and then go home and edit one long video, or turn it on and off?

And, what setting have you found to be best?

On the pic of the RAM mounts, what diameter is the U-bolt you have, and what is it attached to?

Thanks

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)

Last edited by rayj; 05-30-2017 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Wanted to add another question
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-30-2017, 12:41 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayj View Post
All, I am still in the learning mode, and will mount to my helmet this coming weekend. This thing is slick, and the learning curve is not that bad, but there is a lot to learn. Will post some stuff next week.

Joe, a few questions for you on the Drift. I take it you are using a blue tooth mic, or a hard wired remote mic?

Also, do you leave the Drift run constantly and then go home and edit one long video, or turn it on and off?

And, what setting have you found to be best?

On the pic of the RAM mounts, what diameter is the U-bolt you have, and what is it attached to?

Thanks

I almost pulled the trigger night before last for a Drift 4K for the girlfriend. Her Dashcam had been acting up but i took it out of the loop recording function and its fine now.

Just use a Drift Mic ran through the helmet and attached along my Scala G9 mic....https://www.amazon.com/DRIFT-GHOST-G...ords=Drift+Mic

If I'm on the bike the camera is on. On a long ride i will film up to the point of a certain area and format my card to delete the boring footage to get to that point and put in a fresh battery if needed or have the camera charging while filming if its a real long ride. You do have a tagging feature if you don't want to edit out a lot of stuff.

My Ghost goes up to 1080dpi 30 fps. I would be happy with 1080dpi 60 fps.

The mount is connected to the Givi Rack...I know use it for my cup holder.......https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-U-B...+u-bolt+mounts

P1010714 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode