It is bad practice to leave your gloves at home, or to wear non-motorcycle gloves. In the heat of summer I may sometimes leave my jacket at home, but never my boots, gloves or riding pants. Buy some vented motorcycle gloves. The first thing you do when falling is put your hands out.
AND FYI - the ONLY part of the body that CAN'T have skin-grafts - YOUR HANDS.
GREAT reason to wear gloves!
OK I'll bite ... Hownahell can the need arise for fourfive pairs of gloves?....
When I rode across Canada in '17, and EVERY ride to Dawson City and "points-north", I carried SIX
pairs of gloves:
1. normal for 'regular' weather days;
2. mesh for HOT days;
3. waterproof for 'gentle-showers';
4. WATERPROOF over-gloves (like those used while working w/ sewage) for RAIN++;
5. light gloves to wear inside #4; and
6. REALLY heavy ones for the COLD days!
And they ALL were used at one time or another!
OTOH - I had ONE (each) pair of cargo-shorts and jeans, and FOUR tee-shirts, so I did laundry as required [these trips were as long as 31 days].