Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

3Likes
  • 1 Post By cjcintucson
  • 1 Post By kingsqueak
  • 1 Post By cjcintucson

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

Protective Underwear

Does anybody have experience with some of the protective underwear out there. Specifically, I am thinking about
Dainese Norsorex Pro-Shape Pants E1 - RevZilla
or the Bohn stuff Armored protection under your jeans.
Really pricey, but I do like that it would seem to be in the right place if you ever need it. Seems like pads in jackets or pants move around too much. I use a armored jacket and Slider pants with knee guards now, but I am thinking about the underwear route. There is a very old thread about the Bohn, but thought I would ask knowing we have many new folks on board. THANKS
MrKneeDropper likes this.

Forty years away from 2 wheel fun. Sure is great to be back smelling the roses!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

Have you thought of just buying armored riding-pants, Chuck? (Watch for an e-mail.)

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 01:33 AM

those look pretty good..especially if your wearing kevlar jeans...I know a guy who wears the shorts..he's TOTALLY atgatt all the way...I think the shirts like those are a pretty good idea too...

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 01:45 PM

I've been a full atgatt guy since I started back doing this a few years ago, and have the Bohn padded base layer pants in both the regular all season lycra thickness, and the cool air mesh for summer. You can switch out the padding. They fit well under my riding jeans and are snug against your body. The trouble with padded jeans is they are not secured in place. I also have a pair of Firstgear over pants that are fully armored that I use some of the time, being good down to 0 degrees, and still comfortable if its 80 and I'm moving. Those are a nice option since you can take them off, and can have some thin pants, or even shorts underneath, but they are bulky when off the body. All of my jackets are fully armored also, and I might get the Bohn armored shirt to wear under my old denim jacket sometime.

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 07:38 AM

Depends Adult Undergarments are really great for metro commuting. I can pick up 5mph splitting with no worries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Smiley likes this.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator

PROBABLY said this before - get (and wear) armored riding pants!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

I decided to order a pair of the Dainese underwear, so will keep you posted on fit and finish and how they work in the desert heat. For now I will let the armor in my jacket take care of my upper body. That armor seems to stay closer to where it should be then the knee guards in my Sliders 4.0 cargo pants (which have Kevlar under the key areas). I always wear at least my mesh jacket with armor no matter what the temp of the ride. I either soak my shirt in water or I have one of those cooling vests (that you soak in water). Forecast is for 90 degrees here tomorrow, wish the new underwear was here for the test. More later.

Forty years away from 2 wheel fun. Sure is great to be back smelling the roses!!!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-12-2016, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcintucson View Post
.. Forecast is for 90 degrees here tomorrow, wish the new underwear was here for the test. More later.
Please provide an update in 90 degrees plus as that is my average temperature here. I am really struggling to find something suitable for my legs as Bohn, which I feel is the only other valid option, will not ship to Cambodia.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-12-2016, 11:31 PM

I purchased the Bohn underwear some time back, but my legs are either too skinny or my kneecaps too boney because the knee pads continually rotate out of position. I asked for help from them, but got none - so I've had a pair of small Bohn underpants residing in my closet for a while. I think if one didn't have boney knees that they'd work nicely. I'll make somebody a good deal - they're size small as I recall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcintucson View Post
Does anybody have experience with some of the protective underwear out there. Specifically, I am thinking about
Dainese Norsorex Pro-Shape Pants E1 - RevZilla
or the Bohn stuff Armored protection under your jeans.
Really pricey, but I do like that it would seem to be in the right place if you ever need it. Seems like pads in jackets or pants move around too much. I use a armored jacket and Slider pants with knee guards now, but I am thinking about the underwear route. There is a very old thread about the Bohn, but thought I would ask knowing we have many new folks on board. THANKS
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

The Diainese under pants arrived very quickly from RevZilla. They are nicely made. On the charts I was sort of between a med and a lg. The videos said Dianese stuff ran like a size small, so I ordered large and they fit just right. The only weird thing is the knee pad is a flat pad. "they" say that the pads will conform to you as you wear them. Also, they are indeed like a light pair of tights with material that supposedly breaths. The test run for them is Wed when it is supposed to be 86 degrees here. So, I will keep you posted AdamG! Bluesman, if your Bohn pants are a medium, I might take them from you. More after Wednesday!

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

Had a great ride yesterday wearing the Dianinese armored underpants. It was a record distance for me - 212 miles. Except for the city streets to the house, most of the trip was probably 75 degrees and 40-65 mph speeds. First, the pads did indeed conform around the knee while wearing them under my Sliders riding pants. I never really noticed I was even wearing the garment. Best of all, the pads did indeed stay perfectly in place all day; which is what I was really looking for in terms of protection. Also, I never noticed the butt protector pad, which I think is removable. I am pretty tolerant of the heat (have to be, I live in the desert) so even the 85 degree temps in the city at 5pm did not bother me. On removing the garment, it was not sweaty in any way. I am happy with the purchase and plan to wear them for every ride. I am in no way affiliated with this company. Just one of those ATGATT folks.
twowheels likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode