1Likes
  • 1 Post By kiwi 41

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-23-2016, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Gortex gloves

Hi Team, ive got a fond love affair with gortex as it keeps me warm in freezing conditions, is water proof and breaths in hot conditions.

Have recently brought a revit Poseidon jacket and pants and decided to Purchase some revit gortex gloves but they still cost me $300 NZ for the gloves, the pants were $1000.00 and jacket was $1300.00, free freight of course. Been running gortex boots for years and my feet always dry and in heat not sweaty.

hfedd likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-23-2016, 07:34 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Nice. I have alpinestars Gore-Tex gloves, TCX Infinity Gore-Tex boots, and Gore-Tex rain suit. All day dry and comfortable.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-23-2016, 09:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
The process for making Gore-Tex was invented in New Zealand.

STUPID IS THE NEW NORMAL

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-24-2016, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Phil - lookin' GOOD, but, you New Zealanders must be RICH...!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-24-2016, 01:10 PM

Wow, the wages there must be very high. One Canadian dollar.92 To your $1.00 NZ.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-24-2016, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moochy View Post
Wow, the wages there must be very high. One Canadian dollar.92 To your $1.00 NZ.
Wages are not high but we do pay more for stuff than you being a island nation but we generally are a prosperous nation and even though we do have a very small percentage of homeless people there is no need even for that under our nanny state welfare system.

Both my wife and myself work fulltime and our two boys have left home so no extra costs and we joke with them we spending up on ourselves so they will have no inheritance left. left school when I was 15 and married young and we struggled early on but have made some right choices, brought half a doz 3 bedroom houses in 2001 after reading rich dad poor dad and never looked back, example one house brought for 59 k is now worth over 250k and the rental income is double what it started with.

Life is about what you do with it not the circumstance you start with. The kiwi way is like when sir Edmund Hillary climbed Mount Everest on his return to base camp he said "we knocked the bastard off", that's the approach, just do it and move on.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-24-2016, 06:24 PM

Well I take it for granted then the price we pay for things. I am sure it helps us being so close to the USA, and most our population is close to border. But like kiwi 41, the further North you go they pay more of a premium for the extra shipping. I hope I did not insult you kiwi, just taken aback the price for gloves and such. With our Dollar being so close, I just assumed our prices would be closer. Did not take into account the island, the extra it would cost to get goods. So again, was not being a tool, just a bit ignorant of some things.
Thanks...Paul
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-24-2016, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Well I take it for granted then the price we pay for things. I am sure it helps us being so close to the USA, and most our population is close to border. But like kiwi 41, the further North you go they pay more of a premium for the extra shipping. I hope I did not insult you kiwi, just taken aback the price for gloves and such. With our Dollar being so close, I just assumed our prices would be closer. Did not take into account the island, the extra it would cost to get goods. So again, was not being a tool, just a bit ignorant of some things.
Thanks...Paul
What would it cost you for a revit posedon jacket? Some stuff I get online, example airhawk cushion I got a few years ago cost me around $150 nz including freight from ebay, if I got it off NZ distributor it would of cost me $300 plus freight.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-24-2016, 07:08 PM

Price of Jacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
What would it cost you for a revit posedon jacket? Some stuff I get online, example airhawk cushion I got a few years ago cost me around $150 nz including freight from ebay, if I got it off NZ distributor it would of cost me $300 plus freight.
Checked a couple different Canadian suppliers. They range $900 to
$1099. If the US currency was more at par, then you could hop the ditch and get it still cheaper in NY State
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-24-2016, 07:54 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
brought half a doz 3 bedroom houses in 2001 after reading rich dad poor dad and never looked back, example one house brought for 59 k is now worth over 250k and the rental income is double what it started with.
Motorsickles probably ain't the most cost effective means of transporting the poor, but I digress.

It's funny you mentioned Rich Dad, Poor Dad. I was watching the stock channel not long ago and they were interviewing the author. He says the book no is no longer valid. He suggests being a heavy debtor now. Doesn't pay to save.

Sounds like the house idea would still be valid though, since presumably one would have to borrow heavy to buy up property. Though it kinda looks like the era of never ending house inflation has come to a close, so that may not work out as well anymore.

I had a riding buddy back in the 90s who played the debtor thing to the hilt. He borrowed a gazillion to open health food stores and buy a big mansion in the fancy part of town. His theory was that if he goes down, he's taking the bankers with him.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-24-2016, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Checked a couple different Canadian suppliers. They range $900 to
$1099. If the US currency was more at par, then you could hop the ditch and get it still cheaper in NY State
My working out would be $1300 NZ $1200 Canadian for my jacket, the did freight for free and it is a large NZ motorbike gear online and they have a great return policy and also gave me $60.00 credit on my next purchase which went to the pants.

The Jacket did in the end cost me a total of $1240 NZ free delivery.

Tried to get it direct through revzilla but had to use a third party and thought that would be to messy if any thing went wrong.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-25-2016, 07:19 AM

wow, does NZ have really high tarrifs on imports? keeping costs of local made stuff cheaper and more competitive?
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-25-2016, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohburn View Post
wow, does NZ have really high tarrifs on imports? keeping costs of local made stuff cheaper and more competitive?
Its more by the time it gets to a shop everyone puts there mark up on it. A replacement radiator for my old 2011 ninja 1000 was going to be $1000.00 plus freight out of Japan but got mine from ebay for $165.00 including freight.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
It's funny you mentioned Rich Dad, Poor Dad. I was watching the stock channel not long ago and they were interviewing the author. He says the book no is no longer valid. He suggests being a heavy debtor now. Doesn't pay to save.
Those who have looked into this author's background have found he made up a lot of it. Not saying he has nothing to say of value, but he's not someone I'd trust or take financial advice from.

Sorry for off-topic.

Whitehorse Press is going out of business so it's time for a final sale. Signed copies of my book are now $10 with free shipping in the U.S. while they last.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 07:55 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kohburn View Post

Theres a Japanese female rider out here in Huntington Beach that has a Motorcycle Gear Store. She was selling on-line to japan and making a killing. So she opened a store front here just to have also.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 08:13 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Hi Team, ive got a fond love affair with gortex as it keeps me warm in freezing conditions, is water proof and breaths in hot conditions.

Have recently brought a revit Poseidon jacket and pants and decided to Purchase some revit gortex gloves but they still cost me $300 NZ for the gloves, the pants were $1000.00 and jacket was $1300.00, free freight of course. Been running gortex boots for years and my feet always dry and in heat not sweaty.

REV'IT! Phantom GTX Gloves - RevZilla

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode