Kawasaki Versys Forum - View Single Post - Rain, rain, go away... Dust 2 Dawson 2016 and OTHER adventures...!
View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 07-06-2016, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
fasteddiecopeman
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Day 4 - continues...

It ACTUALLY was raining less as I headed N, stopping at this historic road-house, but it still looked foreboding the direction I was heading...., - but 'petering-off' by Carmacks - now-and-then 'hints' of blue starting to appear and NOW more and more blue!!! - altho' that 'roll-cloud' over the hills looked ominous.

It was time for some lunch, and as I still had 2/3 of my cinnabun in my tank-bag, I stopped (in the SUN!) at the Information place in Pelly Crossing, to enjoy some warmth, and sweets. Part way thru it I looked up and saw HEAVY storm clouds rolling S over the hill just the other side of the Pelly River ahead, so everything back into my bag (including the camera), filled-up at the gas station, then headed N across the river, then W, the rain starting as I came around that hill. Another half hour and the skies were REALLY clearing...!

As I rode along the river towards Dawson, approaching the Dempster intersection I took this....

As I've "done" the Dempster twice before (and had no intention of 'doing' it again...) I turned into it and took my LAST 'starting the Dempster', and last 'ending the Dempster' pics for posterity.

Dempster Hwy - LOVED you once... farewell... don't love you anymore...!

Rode into the Goldrush Campground in Dawson to find that NO places were available (my reservation was for the next day), so I asked Blair (from Georgia on a Bimmer) to share, and he said yes.

When I said that my tent was PROBABLY the WETTEST one he'd ever see, he "rolled" his eyes, till I pulled it out of its sack, water running everywhere. It was PURE LUXURY letting the Yukon sun dry it for me....!

I had MADE IT, the weather was lookin' good, so I rode over to the liquor store to get a 6-pack of Big Rock Traditional beer to celebrate w/, w/ Blair!

Today had added 524.6 kms (325.3 miles) in 10 hours, and - it WASN'T RAINING!!!
Attached Images

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Last edited by fasteddiecopeman; 02-20-2019 at 01:51 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome