500 miles & my bikes. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
2017+ Kawasaki Versys-X 300 Reviews Write a review of your new 2017+ Kawasaki Versys-X 300 and share your thoughts with other community members. Be sure to let us know what you love and what changes you would make.

4Likes
  • 3 Post By Carolina Girl
  • 1 Post By NunoMt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
500 miles & my bikes.

I have reached the second point of break-in. 6000 rpm is much more reasonable. The first oil change is also done.

It's been a while since I have taken the Vulcan out (2 years almost), so I decided to pass on the Versys today (...mostly b/c I have a little oil to drain since it is at the top mark sitting cold).

I was very much looking forward to the Vulcan and the missed additional power.

Once on the road, I realized how much fun it is not, in comparison to the Versys. I was not expecting that, I have great memories of the Vulcan and had always enjoyed riding it.

Another surprise, I am ready to get rid of the Vulcan and just have the Versys. The lean on the curves is way more fun, not to mention that I need not turn away from dirt roads now!

In short, the Versys 300 X is my new favorite!
weljo2001, crosshairs and LuvNot like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 03:58 PM

Garage
Congrats reaching 6000 rpm!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormRider View Post
Congrats reaching 6000 rpm!
6000rpm after 500 miles? I think I passed that mark on the first 24h

Enviado do meu G3221 através do Tapatalk
crosshairs likes this.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-16-2018, 10:35 AM

Garage
Funny how the smaller bikes are more exciting isn't it? I have a Vulcan Nomad and enjoy the power, but also find it isn't as much fun to ride. I too hope to sell it, and my other bikes, this summer and stick to just the Versys for a while!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-16-2018, 12:15 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Wow Carolina Girl! You haven't ridden the Vulcan in almost two years? I can't imagine that! I went through back surgery in 2016 and then infection and discitis in march of 2017 that had me using a walker and then a cane and I still managed to ride 5000 miles in 2017. But I am a motorcycle junky so I had to sneak around to get in those rides.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-16-2018, 03:57 PM

Garage
I wouldn`t mind taking a Vulcan 650 s out for a test ride to compare it with my 17 Versys 650.

[B]Once you go PACK you never go back
]
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Wow Carolina Girl! You haven't ridden the Vulcan in almost two years? I can't imagine that! I went through back surgery in 2016 and then infection and discitis in march of 2017 that had me using a walker and then a cane and I still managed to ride 5000 miles in 2017. But I am a motorcycle junky so I had to sneak around to get in those rides. <a href="http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Smile" >:-)</a>
LoL- I wasn't in a hurry, all of that excitement made sure I focused on family time the following year. My hospital stay had me rethinking a lot of things. &#x1f609;
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Girl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Wow Carolina Girl! You haven't ridden the Vulcan in almost two years? I can't imagine that! I went through back surgery in 2016 and then infection and discitis in march of 2017 that had me using a walker and then a cane and I still managed to ride 5000 miles in 2017. But I am a motorcycle junky so I had to sneak around to get in those rides. :-)
LoL- I wasn't in a hurry, all of that excitement made sure I focused on family time the following year. My hospital stay had me rethinking a lot of things. &#x1f609;
I was hospitalized from complications of a surgery gone bad too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode