Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Sellerie tank cover from France

6K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  kawdog 
#1 ·
Complete with (their) tank bag snaps. I'll use it to get shop work done on my bike, and transporting it too when needed :) However, I won't mind riding with it until it rains the next time: I won't worry about scratching my tank while leaning over >:)

Very well made and orange was the only custom made color (2 weeks plus I had to let the glue smell air out a few days.) Since it was my only tank cover alternative, I am very happy to get nice European quality goods. If any tries them out, buy direct instead of UK ebay and save $80 :-o

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
KAWASAKI VERSYS 650 - Deluxe seats, petrol tank covers, tank bags [Rates for an order from : UNITED STATES]

104 € complete/shipped/tax

They had 5 colors including metallic gold (Direct link above), but I'd rather get a contrasting color than 2 similar colors (so it's perfect, and not a close call - like 2 similar color pants and shirt.) It's hard to exact match a Kaw pearl metal-flake solar ... paint job with a imitation leather good. And personally, I can't tell what color is what from their pics any way. However, the (dark) green cover would be a good contrast to Kaw green.

UK ebay has better information though (link below), but less color choices and higher costs. Sellerie also have some seats too but I'm happy with my oem Kaw seat, and did not look at those. And they also have tank bags that fit the tank covers as well.

I was pleased to see them support the Versys 650 :grin2:

Kawasaki Versys 650 Top Sellerie Gas Tank Cover Bra Choose Colors | eBay

#12 ·
It is, but it's custom made for it. It feels like a stiff football cupping over the tank, but ultimately it is plastic and pliable. I put gas in and didn't notice any difference or give it a thought until you asked. Once the gas cap opens, it is accessible. The edging around the gas cap is extra-stiff, and when it is open, it may guide and center around the cap since I did not notice any resistance or obstruction at all.

It fits pretty tight centered and tucked under the tank side fairings so a nudge one way or the other long ways would line it up instantly if it ever did obstruct. The fit is oriented to the top and front of the tank primarily, so it fits best around the gas cap region. It fits a little looser on the seat side due to tight fit of seating components and could almost use a 3rd tie-down, but there is no reason to secure it tighter towards the seat. The tight fit is made to go around the gas cap chiefly now that you mention it: good observation.

#15 ·
No, they are the minimum thickness of straps, 2 straps for snugging and they hang under the seat - no loose flaps. It's no thicker a loose pair of pants folded over at knee crease thickness. And I have knee and nut tank pads under the tank cover anyway on either side of the back-cover strap.

It's got a lined foam interior. The only hassle to keep the tank surface intact is to wash and polymer coat it (, I use RejeX from a company you can get on Amazon) before you put the tank cover on so you don't grind dirt (but there is no real grinding really, but to be 100% safe ...) I can now clean my whole bike and polymer coat it all in about 10 to 20 minutes depending on the detail work, since RejeX works on all surfaces, even the windscreen to 'sheet' water.
:smile2:

#18 · (Edited)
They have tank bags (I can only assume) that match them are at the same Sellerie site as well, right below the tank covers. They have a lot of different colors in tank bags it looks like for our bike. To verify if the do fit the tank covers, go to UK ebay site and read their information on tank bags and tank covers, but then buy them up to half price with shipping at the Sellerie site :D

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650 - Deluxe seats, petrol tank covers, tank bags [Rates for an order from : UNITED STATES]

As well, retighten the 4 corners (not too tight) and the material will relax closer to the right shape after a while, especially around the gas cap. Of course mine was the only custom made color, orange, so it was built per (one)piece, where as other colors may have been batched, so deviations were not corrected until they did a whole batch.

Of course, if the other colors were built by piece as well, they would be superior due to 'piece builds' in repetition. But if left up to the 'Operator's' choice, it may be batch (vs. 'piece') builds because it it easier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.