Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

How much did you pay for your Versys 300x? explain

19K views 48 replies 31 participants last post by  whisperquiet 
#1 ·
300x Prices I've Seen
Used: $4300.00 US
Brand New out the door prices: $4,600.00 to $5600.00 US

#8 ·
I just bought my non-ABS for $5,000 (not out the door). I got $400 off which is somewhat difficult in the SF Bay Area. Things are kind of expensive here and they don't usually go down in price too much. I also got 3.9% financing.

#10 ·
Last week when I was looking on Craigslist for a used 300 I saw a dealer in Berkeley Springs WV had a new 2017 non-ABS advertised for $4,199, and they don't play the "fee game" so that was the price. Well since I am in WV myself they had to collect 6% WV tax, $15 for a plate, and $16 for the WV title, but for those out of state it's $4,199 to them and you deal with your own state's DOT. My understanding is Kawasaki has a $500 incentive which was included to enable this price. Anyway I picked it up and it's in my garage now still with 0 miles on the odometer. They also had an ABS Gray for $4,499.

#16 ·
Don't forget to ask them about the military discount!!!

Apparently, Kawasaki is the ONLY brand to offer a few hundred off for being current, retired or veteran. I didn't know about this until the salesman asked me if I served.

I want to say it was about $350 off the price. You have to provide them with your DD214.

#17 ·
It’s 250 and it’s for active, reserve, or retired only. Technically just being a veteran doesn’t count unless you are one of the aforementioned three.

HOWEVER

Some dealerships don’t seem to know that and will give it to you if you’re a vet only.

Don’t let them make a copy your military ID or papers though.

#22 ·
I paid $4900 a couple weeks ago for a 2017 ABS. I have since found a better deal. A dealer I had contacted got back to me a bit too late. But, they have the 2017 Versys-X 300 ABS on sale for $4,776. And the Ninja 300 ABS for $3776. They are located in Milwaukee and they do not charge freight or set up fees. If anyone is interested, PM me and I'll give you the contact info.

#26 · (Edited)
I paid $4150 with ABS for a 2017 in October of 2017 OTD but not including taxes and registration which were about $300 more together. In Missouri you have to go to the state office to get permanent plates and pay sales tax.

I wonder if that dealer lowers the price and then jacks up some fees like destination.

#27 ·
Right, it's all a numbers game :) Checked with a dealer in my town that had a 2017 with ABS - he wanted $5800 OTD, which seemed high to me, maybe in 2017, but this is almost a two year hold over at this point. I drove almost two hours to get the $4100, worth it to me, and I did not want ABS anyway.

#31 ·
I paid $3175 for this 2017 with 900 miles on the odometer, its been garage kept and its still in like new condition. It was a trade in that some guy purchased for his wife, and she didn't like. No freight or set up fees, just TTT. It now keeps my Moto Guzzi Griso 1200 in good company.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.