Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Garmin RV 760LMT on a Motorcycle

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  twowheels 
#1 ·
Having played with my iPhone 6 as a sat nav on my 650 using Google Maps I found that it was not really usable as Google puts two big bars top and bottom meaning that the screen is now tiny.

Will briefly revert to my old Zumo 660 to give that a try but was wondering if anybody had tried the Garmin RV 7560LMT on a motorcycle. I do not expect to be using it in the rain (it only rains in defined seasons here and I avoid riding in the rain as the entire Cambodian population goes crazy on the roads) so my only worry is vibration and dust.

The RV 760LMT has a 7 inch diagonal screen and is nice and cheap. The Zumo 660 has a 4.2 diagonal inch screen.

I came across a site which offered a motorcycle mount ( Garmin dezl/RV 760LMT, nuvi 2797LMT Locking Cradle ? TECHMOUNTS ? GA61L ? Morrison Motorcycle Mounts & More ) so obviously someone has done it but that may just be on cruisers on gentle roads.

I thought of using the BMW Navigator V which has a 6 inch screen but that is expensive and not sure about the power connections.

Thoughts please....

See less See more
#3 ·
I've been using the Garmin Nuvi 550 on each of my Vs, MANY years, many miles. Waterproof (they stay on the bike while I power-wash it), but smaller than the ones you mentioned, and LESS than $200 each when I bought them.

:thumb: - :thumb:

#5 ·
I did a postmortem on my failed Garmin Nuvis. They all failed at the same spot, where the power connection was soldered to the circuit board. I can't complain because I don't think I paid more than $100 for any of them. None of them failed because of water damage even though I never took any precautions to waterproof them even in the rain.

#7 · (Edited)
I recently sold my late model garmin to just use my phone. Phone screen is exact same size as large screen garmin, 5", but has much sharper screen. You can buy Garmin software and maps for your phone for $50. Its still probably the best GPS software.

Recommend Google with cached maps or Here Maps.

I've had issues with the mini USB power plugs on my GPS units. The phone uses a micro USB plug which is more reliable.

RAM x mount is very secure for phone while Being very easy to get phone in/out of.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.