Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Kawasaki Accessories Larger Windscreen

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  GeorgiaMultiKawa 
#1 ·
I'm a newer owner and have been looking into different windshield options for cooler weather and longer trips. I've read a lot on the forum about the Givi, Mikes, etc, but I haven't seen anything on here about the Kawasaki windshield listed in their catalog. I like the looks of it, but I'm unsure of what kind of performance I could expect out of it with it only being a few inches larger around with no lip or anything. I'm checking because I may have the chance to get one for free, or at least drastically reduced at my dealer when my buddy buys a new Vulcan 900. Thanks for the help guys! I'm loving the wealth of info here on the forum!

#4 ·
I bought the OEM large and tinted windscreen for my 09 V. It was not worth the money. I since tried the Givi Touring screen, MikeShield touring, and CalSci medium screen. They are all ok, but I like the CalSci screen the best, and it's what I use now. The CalSci screen makes the bike a much better ride. I'd rather pay for the CalSci than try to use the OEM screen, even if it's free.

#5 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I figured that was the case since there wasn't a lot of info on here regarding that shield. I didn't want to waste my free stuff on something that would be a waste. I'd rather get a mini-tankbag, or even just oil and a filter instead of something thats not even worth the effort. I do like the Givi a lot - good reviews, looks good, not too expensive, but I haven't really looked a lot into the CalSci, so I'll check that out. Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.