Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Mick's Sunday bimble around Branson!

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  RVerde 
#1 · (Edited)
Not in the same league as Eddie's photos & write up/distance, but, it could be my last ride anywhere for a while because we are forecast to have 6" of that bloody white stuff next week (or do l mean this week?)
Anyway, just to show you the diversity of where I live, I started my ride with "local" shots, ie; within 10mls of our house, which include the lake shot & dam, the bridge is 25mls away.
Branson has got something for everyone, & I'm not trying to sell the place, because I can easily see why some people would hate the place, similar to how some would judge Vegas!....I also used to live in Vegas, & beleive me, both places have got a lot to offer the bikers who can either "indulge" on The Strip, or ride out a small way & see some fantastic scenery!................Anyway, here's a quick look at Branson.

See the dam across Table Rock Lake

& here's the other side of the dam.

All roads around here are in such good condition.

There are more lakes than you can shake a stick at!

Bridge crossing Table Rock Lake.

See less See more
#5 ·
There are plane services you know Eddie, you don't have to go everywhere on your bike y'know!!!:wink2:

I've got a black V just like yours, nice panniers, what kind are they? I like 'em. thanks for the picks, ever ridden around eureka springs? cool roads around there.
They are genuine Kawa panniers with a 2 second on 2 second off quick release system.
I have been to Eureka, & usually on a mid week day because l dislike riding through the hoards of tourists that go there at weekends & because people take their shiny 2 wheeled tractors there to show them off & block the roads & take up 2 parking spots each......

( I think they are called Hardly Davidsons or something similar!) :wink2:

#6 ·
(quote) I have been to Eureka, & usually on a mid week day because l dislike riding through the hoards of tourists that go there at weekends & because people take their shiny 2 wheeled tractors there to show them off & block the roads & take up 2 parking spots each.....(quote)

Exactly, I usually go mid-week as well. hotel availability is better too. Working on getting a trailer that I can sleep in as well as haul the V and my friends BMW. Nether of us are into pounding endless highway miles. I just like to casually ride, have a good time and stop to enjoy the sights and company.

guess i didn't do the quote thing right

#10 ·
Where do you stay when you visit this area?

If I recall, I-44 through there is considered one of the most dangerous roads in the Midwest?? I always hear of accidents.
Maybe the I44 is dangerous, but coming down from Illinois you'd only cross over it because it runs west to east (or vice versa) along southern Missouri from Tulsa to Springfield to Rolla etc etc

#11 ·
I like the roads a little east of Eureka, near Jasper. The routes along the buffalo River and nearby streams are both fun to ride and offer changing views. Arkansas highway 123 is a real twister from the Mount Judea (locals say "Judy") south to SH 7. Highway 74 from Mount Judea back to Jasper & Ponca and then along 21 is nice too. One problem with the roads is there are very few places to fuel and it would be a long ride in an evac helo to Springfield or Lil Rock if you had an incident.

#12 · (Edited)
Funnily enough I rode to Jasper today, from Harrison I took Hwy7 which l regard as possibly the best road l have ever ridden.

Gas up a Versys in Jasper & you shouldn't have any problems getting anywhere within reason.

The reference to the helicopter is something l can't help you with....

Here's my lunch stop in Jasper:

#13 ·
My2 - I forgot to say thanks for the pics & report.

What was the name of the place you lunched?

A right or left as you enter Jasper (on 74) is well worth the detour. "Jasper Disaster" on one of the route sites (Map my Ride, Stravia, Garmin, etc.) is worth a look. I think some of the bicycle teams do winter climbing camps in the area since the roads are, generally speaking, free from ice in the colder months.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.