Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Folding shift lever, Offroad pegs...

5K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  kenr74 
#1 · (Edited)
#5 ·
Invader.

Why a foldable shift lever, any safety hazard or operation problem.
Anyway nice job, looks good, might want to do something like that if I can find a good foot peg for the front and might want to increase the contact surface of the back brake pedal.

:cheers:

#6 ·
The pegs listed for Yamaha TW200 (and PW80/50, Honda CRF230) did need to be thinned a bit to fit within the mounts, 8 mm bore enlarged to 12 mm (used a 15/32" bit), then I had to grind them down where they sit on the mount for proper angle and swivel clearance. Original spring fits well. The pegs are tilted forward slightly, which improves lever control. They are more comfortable than stock, with much better grip. :thumb:
They're actually an exact replica of IMS Super Stock pegs which are made of 17-4 cast stainless steel, and sell for about $80.

#7 ·
I didn't like the stock shift lever's rubber cover that wears out, and its sharp end. I also wanted to lenghten the lever by 1/4". Besides being able to fold back reducing damage tendency, the solid knurled aluminum tip's diameter is uniform along its length for better control and feel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.