Why Sport Bike Riders get a bad Name - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance
Go Back   Kawasaki Versys Forum > Kawasaki Versys Motorcycle Talk > General Kawasaki Versys Discussions

General Kawasaki Versys Discussions For discussions on anything and everything related to the Kawasaki Versys.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:12 AM

Default Why Sport Bike Riders get a bad Name

This is just one of many examples of why motocycle riders get a bad name. Words cannot describe how I fell about this murderous idiot.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

MIAMITOWN, Ohio -- Linda Colgate was pulling into her Miamitown driveway just before 5 p.m. Sunday, but she never made it home.

Emergency crews say Colgate, 56, was taking a left in the 7300 block of State Rt. 128 when a motorcycle, driven by Bobby Luke, 27, hit the driver side of her car. Colgate didn't survive the accident.

Police say a Chevy Cavalier operated by Lynda Colegate, 55, of Cleves, was traveling northbound on SR 128 when she attempted to make a left turn into a driveway. A Honda 900 RR motorcycle operated by Bobby Luke, 27, of Aurora, Ind., was also traveling northbound at a high rate of speed and in a reckless manner when he attempted to pass several vehicles in an area not designated for passing. Luke's motorcycle struck the driver's side of Colegate's vehicle.

"There was a guy doing wheelies down 128, and he has just wrecked," a witness said to 911 operators.

Police say Luke was traveling at a high rate of speed and in a reckless manner. Investigators say it appears alcohol was involved.

Last edited by LoneRanger; 11-23-2009 at 01:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2009, 08:13 PM

2008 Kawasaki Versys

Doesn't really matter what he's on if he's drunk.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator

Yep, sad all the way around...
Old 11-23-2009, 08:47 PM

2009 Kawasaki Versys

Things like this make us all stop and look at ourselves and anything we might have done, that looking back on, would or could of been disastorous. I'm glad that I can say I have never put anyone other than myself in harms way, and now that I'm getting older and have my very capable Versys, I try and remind myself each time both feet are on the pegs how precious life is.
Ride safe everyone and I hope the above mentioned rider gets more than minor jail time!

2009 Lime green Versys
Baldwin reg. saddle w/lime grn. thread and gel insert
Hepco & Becker crash bars
Givi side carriers w/ E21's
Fenda Extenda
Motowerk foot peg lowering blocks & mirror extenders
cut tail fender
black lower panels
Mikesshields Gran Touring, clear
Alaskan Leather Pillion 1 buttpad (trip use only)
Sw-Motech 20mm riser

Versys gone..replace with Victory Hammer
Old 11-23-2009, 09:06 PM

2009 Kawasaki Versys, green of course

I assume Luke died as well ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement