Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

$40 worth of Ebay farkles...

4K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  trogg21 
#1 · (Edited)
Well - ACTUALLY $39.84 worth....:thumb:

A couple of years ago I posted on putting a set of (well)used DR650 'pegs onto the Green Hornet - my '09 - after removing them from my KLR which was being sold, and I liked them enough to want to do the same for BIG RED, my '08. Went onto E-bay and found NEW ones, that look quite a bit like the fancy ones that cost around $100, for ONLY $14.95 plus shipping = $21.85.
:clap:
Just as before, the DR 'pegs have a 10mm hole, while the V has 12mm. I had just installed them without drilling or shimming onto the '09, tightened them and they haven't moved, so, again I bought two SAE bolts and nylock nuts, 3/8NC X 2", and put them on. They look and feel PDG..., and should facilitate standing on the 'pegs as well as riding thru water or mud! (Pics 5 and 6 are of the OLD DR 'pegs.)
:yeahsmile:
Next - when I put the Tuono mirrors on BIG RED I removed my "Speedy's" mirror extenders and sold them, as they were wider than stock. After riding some I noticed that I still saw bits of my shoulders, so tried to buy back the ones I'd sold. :goodidea:

NO deal, so again onto Ebay where I found some for $17.99 INCLUDING shipping (USPS).:D Installed them yesterday after the footpegs, and went for a ride this AM. MUCH improved now - I can see past my shoulders without having to "shrug" as previous.
:eek:penarms:
Two of these pictures are from the previous threads, and when you see the third one showing the Tuonos plus extenders, compare the distance from the grips out to the red line in the comparo picture.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
#10 ·
#11 ·
I have a set of IMS RM80 footpegs I purchased on clearance for another project that didn't work out. So, I followed the OP's lead, and put them on the Versys. They fit great! I added sleeves though.

Great idea. Thanks. :thumb:

#12 ·
Hey there Fasteddie. Resurrecting this thread: I was wondering what model year DR650 pegs fit on the 08 Versys? My OEMs just snapped today and the alternatives are all hundred dollar plus options. Ebay links are all long closed. I would really appreciate knowing the model year for the pegs.

#14 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.