New member - Chattanooga Area - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance
Go Back   Kawasaki Versys Forum > Kawasaki Versys Member's Lounge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

Old 11-21-2012, 11:21 AM

Default New member - Chattanooga Area

So I took my MSF class on a dual sport (suzuki d something or other), loved the upright position and handling of the dual sport. But wanted a more refined/comfortable machine and my cousin suggested a Versys as he enjoys his. Any reason why the Versys is not what I am looking for? If anyone has a slightly used one for sale in the area, let me know please.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 01:02 PM

I do believe some V's are for sale!
Old 11-21-2012, 01:08 PM

2010 Kawasaki Versys

Versys Owners/Riders Map Here.

Add your name and see who's near you!

Old 11-21-2012, 01:25 PM

Welcome. I would strongly suggest riding your cousin's V first (if you haven't already). I had ridden many bikes throughout my life, but when I first got on the V, I was fairly surprised at how tall it was. I do have a fairly short inseam though. It was the first fuel injected bike I had ridden. After having it for three years, I'm still impressed with all of its TORQUE.

That said - after I got used to the height of the bike, added a larger drive sprocket and softened up the suspension, I wouldn't trade my Versys for any other bike right now. It will do whatever you want it to do. It will do it well. It's a nimble commuter (I took mine today in 29 degree weather), it is crazy good on the twisties (Blue Ridge Parkway trip last summer), and an adequate long range tourer for at least one-up riding (also Blue Ridge Parkway trip). Good luck in your search.
Dark Arrow Slip-On Exhaust, Spencer's Seat, Alaskan Sheepskin Buttpad, Givi Windshield, Givi E460 Topcase, SW Motech Crashbars, SW Motech Alu-Rack, Cortech Sport Soft Saddlebags/Tailbag, 16T Front Sprocket, Kawasaki Z-1000 Mirrors, Speedy's Handlebar Riser, Speedy's FlatFoot, MFW Highway Pegs, Gerbings Heated Gloves
Old 11-21-2012, 06:38 PM

you might want to take a look at the new Honda 500s.

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5390&dateline=1274798  770 => tales from the road
Old 11-21-2012, 07:34 PM

2010 Kawasaki Versys

Sponsored Links
Advertisement