Sales incentive from the mother company - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance
Go Back   Kawasaki Versys Forum > Kawasaki Versys Motorcycle Talk > General Kawasaki Versys Discussions

General Kawasaki Versys Discussions For discussions on anything and everything related to the Kawasaki Versys.

Old 11-11-2012, 05:42 PM

Default Sales incentive from the mother company

I noticed when visiting the Kawasaki.ca website they are offering Givi V35 saddle bags installed as a $99 option on all new Versyses (Versei maybe) (650 & 1000). Assuming these are also color matched. This is well below cost.

http://www.kawasaki.ca/special-offers/versys-offer/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2012, 06:18 PM

Interesting, I am currently looking at a 2012, I've got the dealer at $7600 OTD to include $260 in DMV fees, but feel I could do better, which is why I haven't bought yet. There WAS a dealer a little further away, that had 2012's for $6999 OTD, but I'd have to pay the DMV fees myself. But those sold out pretty fast. If they could "sweeten the pot" a little with some low cost luggage or some other incentive, I'd be there.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
I noticed when visiting the Kawasaki.ca website they are offering Givi V35 saddle bags installed as a $99 option on all new Versyses (Versei maybe) (650 & 1000). Assuming these are also color matched. This is well below cost.

http://www.kawasaki.ca/special-offers/versys-offer/
I just traded my 650 for a 1000 a few weeks ago and got in on that. It is a great deal but I really had my mind set on the Givi 33 Trekkers so they agreed to substitute them straight across. I was very happy.
I was quite surprised to find when I got home that the racks are the quick release type and very good quality. I don't know if they are Kawi or Givi but they are real nice.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:40 PM

2011 Kawasaki Versys

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclesarge View Post
Interesting, I am currently looking at a 2012, I've got the dealer at $7600 OTD to include $260 in DMV fees, but feel I could do better, which is why I haven't bought yet. There WAS a dealer a little further away, that had 2012's for $6999 OTD, but I'd have to pay the DMV fees myself. But those sold out pretty fast. If they could "sweeten the pot" a little with some low cost luggage or some other incentive, I'd be there.
This time last year I got a dealer to sell me a new 2011 for $7000 OTD including tax, tag, DMV... everything. Found it on Cycle Trader Dot Com... Keep looking.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by genehil View Post
This time last year I got a dealer to sell me a new 2011 for $7000 OTD including tax, tag, DMV... everything. Found it on Cycle Trader Dot Com... Keep looking.
Good to know, I Wish the dealer that had them for $6999 hadn't sold out so fast, it would get me a little more leverage.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-COASTER View Post
I just traded my 650 for a 1000 a few weeks ago and got in on that. It is a great deal but I really had my mind set on the Givi 33 Trekkers so they agreed to substitute them straight across. I was very happy.
I was quite surprised to find when I got home that the racks are the quick release type and very good quality. I don't know if they are Kawi or Givi but they are real nice.
I like my Givi/Kawi bags, but don't like the rack so much. The bags
stick too far out laterally. Looking from the rear there's at 4" on either
side that they could have snugged them in.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:46 PM

2008 Kawasaki 2008 Versys

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-COASTER View Post
Put some Loctite on the hinge pins on those Trekkers. I lost one of mine within the first 250 miles.
Solo 3200 Miles Through Mexico 2009
Mainland Mexico via Baja California 2010
The most fun I've ever had following a cop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
givi, saddle bags