Ordered A Seat Concepts seat for my '11 today - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance
Go Back   Kawasaki Versys Forum > Kawasaki Versys Motorcycle Talk > General Kawasaki Versys Discussions

General Kawasaki Versys Discussions For discussions on anything and everything related to the Kawasaki Versys.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:11 AM

Default Ordered A Seat Concepts seat for my '11 today

I just got off the phone with the good folks out at Seat Concepts and they were more than happy to answer my questions. I felt very comfortable doing business with them so I got online and ordered a seat. I did this because like most here, me and the stock seat have a different view of what is comfortable. The $169 price of admission seems like a no brainer to me.

I ordered the embossed/plain cover and denser than standard foam (this can be noted in the "notes" box while ordering online). Robert said it would ship today or tomorrow so I should have it by the end of the week, like everything else on order for the bike I'll be sure to provide some feedback here on the forum of my initial impressions as well as those down the road.

They are honoring the DRRiders.com forums discount. You just insert the forums address in as all cap's in the coupon box.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ec90t View Post

I just got off the phone with the good folks out at Seat Concepts and they were more than happy to answer my questions. I felt very comfortable doing business with them so I got online and ordered a seat. I did this because like most here, me and the stock seat have a different view of what is comfortable. The $169 price of admission seems like a no brainer to me.

I ordered the embossed/plain cover and denser than standard foam (this can be noted in the "notes" box while ordering online). Robert said it would ship today or tomorrow so I should have it by the end of the week, like everything else on order for the bike I'll be sure to provide some feedback here on the forum of my initial impressions as well as those down the road.

They are honoring the DRRiders.com forums discount. You just insert the forums address in as all cap's in the coupon box.
Please post some pictures and a review if you could. I'm interested in hearing more. Thanks.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:56 PM

2009 Kawasaki KLE 650 Versys

Dam fine lookin' saddle.

"Wounds heal, chicks dig scars...Glory, lasts forever!"
TRUE PATRIOTS QUESTION EVERYTHING
Old 04-30-2012, 06:52 PM

Please post review and more info. I assume they send out the foam and cover w/ instruction and you put it together? Maybe a link and did you say a web site address in all cap's in coupon box gets you a discount?

And Stagehand38 knows its a damn fine lookin saddle because ( HOW?). Do you have one??
Old 04-30-2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
Please post review and more info. I assume they send out the foam and cover w/ instruction and you put it together? Maybe a link and did you say a web site address in all cap's in coupon box gets you a discount?

And Stagehand38 knows its a damn fine lookin saddle because ( HOW?). Do you have one??
Here's the link to their website with pic's of the saddle http://seatconcepts.com/products#ecw...roduct=8826177

Seat cover installation is a straight forward affair. You can youtube up motorcycle seatcover installation and see vid's of how to do it. If you don't feel like doing it yourself, then find a local upholsterer and have them do the install.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:13 PM

Thank you for the info!

As far as Stagehand69 you never know about him, he may have one or he may just be piping off!!

Last edited by MTS; 04-30-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:39 PM

Now that's a really good seat upgrade for $169.99. You get an entire new foam cut in an ergonomic shape redesigned from the pan up, and a new cover. No need to ship out your original seat and foam to them... Just a new OEM cover retails for $94.56.

They did properly address the stock seat's problems for the rider and passenger as well, and I really like their quality finished look.

"This seat is wider at the seating area and narrow like stock at the front to help keep that stock reach to the ground feel. The front of the seat is built up to eliminate the forward slope that the stock seat has. We also cupped the rear portion of the seating area (not visible in picture with cover pulled tight) for better support for the long ride. We also flattened the passenger seating area and squared up the sides to add more seating area, but fitting in the same area as the stock. The forward portion was built up to aid in eliminating the rear passenger leaning into the forward rider. The standard density is good for riders 160 - 240 lbs. Softer and firmer foam available on request for no extra charge."

Last edited by invader; 05-01-2012 at 07:06 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Thank you for the info!

As far as Stagehand69 you never know about him, he may have one or he may just be piping off!!
Piping-off !???
what exactly is ..piping-off?
Huh indeed.

And do I detect a bit of animosity?
and when is it a bad thing to comment on info from a fellow rider?
...and it is a fine looking saddle and you could discover that by simply going to the manufacturers web site.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:48 AM

..In for the OPs review..
2005 CRF230 (wife's)
2007 KX 100 (daughter's)
Old 05-01-2012, 07:53 AM

I ordered mine early last week and it hasn't showed up yet. I guess I need to give them a call.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagehand38 View Post
Piping-off !???
what exactly is ..piping-off?
Huh indeed.

And do I detect a bit of animosity?
and when is it a bad thing to comment on info from a fellow rider?
...and it is a fine looking saddle and you could discover that by simply going to the manufacturers web site.
Sorry Stagehand I owe you an apology! I was trying to rattle your cage for more info and I came off as an ass! I really do need to be more polite! This is a good wake up call for me! Sincerely MTS!
Old 05-01-2012, 09:46 AM

2009 Kawasaki KLE650 VERSYS

I am extremely interested in this alternate seat solution but I have a couple of questions:
  • Does this seat cover fit all years of the Versys?
  • Does it actually improve the seating comfort and eliminate the forward sliding concern?
  • How easy is it to install yourself and do you need any special equipment like an air gun?
Old 05-01-2012, 10:44 AM

Same here... What is involved in the process of attaching this to your stock pan.. Not looking forward to some ghetto job.. The seat looks beautiful but I'd rather buy, you know, a complete seat! Guess I could ship mine out, but then I cant ride for what 2 weeks? No way Jose!
Old 05-01-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISLANDER1089 View Post
I am extremely interested in this alternate seat solution but I have a couple of questions:
  • Does this seat cover fit all years of the Versys?
  • Does it actually improve the seating comfort and eliminate the forward sliding concern?
  • How easy is it to install yourself and do you need any special equipment like an air gun?
1) Yes, all years.
2) Eliminates the forward sloping seat. Still keep seat narrow in the front. Different density foam available. Back seat made flatter to increase passenger comfort.
3) Youtube motorcycle seat cover installation and see if it is something you can do yourself. If not, take pieces to the local upholestering shop and have them do it.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofnothing View Post
Same here... What is involved in the process of attaching this to your stock pan.. Not looking forward to some ghetto job.. The seat looks beautiful but I'd rather buy, you know, a complete seat! Guess I could ship mine out, but then I cant ride for what 2 weeks? No way Jose!
Refer to answer above.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Sorry Stagehand I owe you an apology! I was trying to rattle your cage for more info and I came off as an ass! I really do need to be more polite! This is a good wake up call for me! Sincerely MTS!
No worries "MTS"....I was just soooo confused by your comment but...
It's all good (and I'm just glad I didn't inadvertently step on your toes; after all...we need them toes to shift gears!)
No harm...no foul
Be well
Peace.
Carl...(the stagehand 38)

Old 05-01-2012, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofnothing View Post
Sounds like the perfect winter project since we in the great white north lose three months of riding time

Old 05-01-2012, 08:41 PM

I too am installing a Seat Concepts kit. My bike is a 2008. I have a Seat Concepts on my KLR650 and have been entirely pleased. I'm hoping to have mine installed by the end of the weekend, weather permitting. It helps to do all the labor in the sun, as it really helps keep the vinyl soft and workable. My KLR kit was really easy. The most time consuming part was pulling all the staples to remove the factory cover. The Seat Concepts foam is created from a mold off a stock seat pan, so the foam just fits right into all the OEM pan shapes.

I'll try to take some pics of the steps.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:43 PM

Seat Concepts: "We do ship to Canada and we only use USPS. The shipping cost is $31.20... Robert"

I did manage to staple the stock cover back on after some custom foam work with a staple gun, but I'd get this professionaly stapled on at local upholstering shop for a few bucks.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagehand38 View Post
Sounds like the perfect winter project since we in the great white north lose three months of riding time
A great winter project How long do you think it takes to staple on a seat cover? I'm thinking even for the most anal of installers, it'll be an hour job at most. The Versys is such a simple bike that the only job I consider a "winter project" would be powder coating the frame. Most everything else could be done in an evenings time in the garage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement