Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

The Greek Radiator Guard Option

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  oldkawboy 
#1 · (Edited)
After looking over the various options for a manufactured radiator guard (plus a few of the homemade variety), I opted to buy the one offered by the Greek firm HLD off Ebay. It was less expensive and seemed OK for it's intended use. I wanted something toward the more funtional side. It cost about $60 including shipping to the USA. The item arrived quickly in about a week and was packaged well in a box (I had feared a bent guard in an envelope.) The guard itself is made from a stamped steel plate frame with an aluminum mesh grid cut and crimped to the inside of the frame with integral tabs holding it in place. It is solid and should provide good protection and with minimal effect on cooling efficiency.The whole assembly is powder coated in black and is of high quality. Installation took 10 minutes and the included directions were fine. You first attach some supplied foam spacers to the backside (to prevent vibration?) where it contacts the front of the radiator. The lower frame attaches with the existing two radiator bolts. The top is attached using supplied zip ties. All seems fine. See pics for what it looks like installed. All in all I am very pleased. Here is the link on Ebay:

Greek Radiator Guard

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.