Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Windshield

8K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  weljo2001 
#1 ·
What is the best windshield for the versys

#4 ·
I've got the stock screen and a Givi. The Givi is on now, because it's a bit chilly and the extra wind protection is nice. When the weather is better, I tend to keep the stock screen on.

#18 ·
Much better than stock if you can find the right position. Problem is, I'm struggling to get there. If I tuck myself under the bottom screen, it's real quiet. But I can't seem to find the right position when seated normally. I'm 5' 11". Is there anyone of the same height who has the MRA with X-screen who can take a picture of their setting?

#14 ·
Got a Givi for sale in the "For Sale" section, it was a great addition to my V, it is in excellent shape. Have a picture of it on my bike. PM me if your interested, I'm willing to deal.

#16 ·
Windshields are very subjective because you need to balance the wind protection and the looks. Because there are so many designs out there, it will affect the looks of the bike and this is down to personal preference.

I got a MRA with Vario Screen. Its way better than stock. However the vario screen is too small for me as the wind buffeting is slightly there. I might wanna try the X screen as the screen is taller and will offer better protection.

I am 6ft tall.

Good luck and happy hunting.

#20 ·
#22 ·
My bike had a Givi screen on it when I bought it and the buffeting drove me nuts. I ended up drilling a new set of holes in the bottom and moving it up one more step. I did have to add some rubber strips underneath to stop the buzzing though.

Now it's really nice and quiet. I'm 5' 8" and it sends the windblast just over my helmet without blocking too much on hot days

Attachments

#23 ·
Same thing here but i flipped the stock windscreen to catch the air below....

IMG_1322 by weljo2001, on Flickr

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.