Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Going to the dark side

4K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  fasteddiecopeman 
#1 ·
So long boys as I have just delivered my 07 versys to the local dealer as a trade in on a 09 Boulevard M50. The deal was just to good to pass on and the wife really wanted a cruiser for more long distance comfort.

The world is ending tomorow anyway! LOL

It's been fun here and learned lots of tips and tricks :thanx:.

Good luck and seasons greetings to all.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
You'll be back.

I can ride longer days on my Versys than I ever could on my M50.

You'll figure out why the first time you try to stand up for a minute to get weight off your tailbone. ;)

#7 ·
Congrats on the new bike and enjoy it. The M50 is a nice ride, I know lots of folks who own them. I DO so enjoy riding with them and tearing up corners and red light stops while they try keeping up though. :yeahsmile: The M50 is a cool bike, :cool:BUT you just may miss your Versys a little bit sometimes...:rolleyes:

#8 ·
Enjoy the new ride. I'm a big believer in "ride what you like" yet I wonder whether you'll find more long-distance comfort in the upright posture of a Versys than the reclined posture of a cruiser. Perhaps what you really needed was a seat upgrade. (Or maybe you just wanted a cruiser!)

#10 ·
The deal was just to good to pass on and the wife really wanted a cruiser for more long distance comfort.
I like those Suzuki's...that's a nice cruiser. :goodluck:to you and your new bike.

Did your wife see the passenger seat before you bought it? I'm thinking you must have an aftermarket seat in mind, because the stock one looks like it was meant to torture the passenger...it's difficult to imagine that small pad...errrr stock passenger seat would be good for "long distance comfort."
:cheers:

#12 ·
That is a stock bike in the pic I posted in the opening post.

The bike we purchased has a mustang seat and back rest...
and yes wifey already gave it the mandatory sit test.
I am please to announce it meets with approval from her backside. LOL

Wish I could have kept the versys but another bike just wasn't in our finances without a trade in.

:goodidea: We pay cash only for our toys and if we can't afford it we don't buy it.

#17 ·
No, I agree that keeping toys (and as many belongings as possible for that matter) paid for is not getting old, it's being smart.

Trading the Versys for a cruiser, that's getting old. :stickpoke:

#18 · (Edited)
Are you saying anyone not riding a versys is old?

Guess I got old a long time ago cause I heard the same s**t when I traded the CBR for the Versys...
I think the phrase they used at that time was "A sportbike for old farts"

The Versys was a summer toy for me as is wifey's 73 Lemans is summer toy for her

One should ride what they want to as long as they ride for the enjoyment and not to impress someone else.

#20 ·
I tried the cruiser thing (Vulcan 900) after about 27 different sport, standard and dual sport bikes over the years. The last bike before the Vulcan was a 2009 ER6N. Ultimately the wife found the Vulcan less comfortable than the ER, and I found the overall riding experience less than ideal. Now I'm on a Versys and the Vulcan will soon be an around town sunny day bobber.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.