Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

What NEP throttle lock?

4K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  leshall 
#1 ·
#2 ·
It certainly makes sense to contact them if you're unsure, but since the second one says it's for Susuki and the third one says it's for Honda, I'd go with the first. The description says the first one fits all single cable throttles (the V is single) except a couple of Yamahas.

#10 ·
I've used the o-ring solution before. It does work, but not as well as a throttle lock does (but about as well as a throttlemeister... :(). If you don't want to spend more than one dollar, that is indeed the best solution, but both NEP and Vista Cruise are bargains at ~$20 because they make using the throttle lock much more convenient, maybe even safer.

Gustavo

#11 ·
I installed the NEP, honda version, on my Versys. I have a NEP on my other bike and like it.

It took some fiddling. I dremeled the tongue to fit the curvature of the switch housing, opened the switch housing to see how much plastic was there, drilled both the NEP and the switch housing very shallow (maybe 1/8 inch into the housing) and put in a set screw.

Measure twice, drill once :).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.