Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

2015 rear stand needed

4K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Smiley 
#1 ·
Does any one have a good suggestion for a rear stand for a 2015 VS.650LT that will work with the bags on?

#3 ·
Here's a pic w/ my '15 on a Harbor-Freight stand, w/ 8mm bolts and 'jam' nuts mounted into the two sides until I get some spools....

The bolts are threaded thru till they are 'level' w/ the rear of the swing-arm, then the nuts 'backed' against it as 'jam' nuts.

#4 ·
Both of these are rear stands from Harbour Freight. The one on front has the adapters to make it a front wheel stand. They no longer make the adapters...

by weljo2001, on Flickr

#5 · (Edited)
Silver T-Rex Rear Motorcycle Stand V. It fits my 2015 LT 650 fine with or without the saddle bags mounted. Get the one with the U shaped handle, not the single handle. There is no interference with the rear fender with the U handle.

Your 2015 LT uses 8mm spools. Prior years were a different size (10mm), so you may find some sites which haven't caught up and try to sell you the wrong size. The correct threads are M8. These are 8mm in diameter. I had to put a spacer on the spool to prevent the lift from damaging the swing arm.

I wrap a velcro strap tightly around the front brake lever to keep the front wheel from rolling. You must somehow chock or otherwise keep the front wheel from rolling before lifting or lowering the bike.

Here's the specific stand I recently bought. http://t-rex-racing.com/catalog.php?item=94

#7 ·
...I wrap a velcro strap tightly around the front brake lever to keep the front wheel from rolling. You must somehow chock or otherwise keep the front wheel from rolling before lifting or lowering the bike.
My experience is that you do NOT need to do anything w/ your front brake. The bike moves a bit, back-and-forth, while raising and lowering, but it's NOT a problem, and I suspect that locking the front brake will add a lot of stress to your spools.

:cool:

OTOH - when I use my "crutch" stand on the road to lube the chain, locking the front brake is a MUST if you don't want to 'wear' your Versys...!

:goodidea:

#17 ·
My experience is that you do NOT need to do anything w/ your front brake. The bike moves a bit, back-and-forth, while raising and lowering, but it's NOT a problem, and I suspect that locking the front brake will add a lot of stress to your spools.
Agreed.

#12 ·
I use the harborcrap rear stand and I'm sure it would work with saddle bags installed. I don't lock the brake. Just hold the bike upright and use my foot to push down the handle the put a chalk on the front tire (I don't have any flat concrete so I usually using it in the back yard

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.