Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Does anybody else have this wear?

4K views 29 replies 17 participants last post by  andrewhtf 
#1 ·
Does anybody have this issue? Any ideas on what I should do? Maybe paint it or update it...... Just looking for opinions. I just think that it wore out faster than it should have. 2011 with around 3k. It is a daily driver but I live one mile from work.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Some have use some carbon fiber sticker material and cut to size and placed there or just re-painted.

#10 ·
#13 ·
back in '08 or '09 someone on this forum was selling color matched stick-on panels to address this issue. I didn't buy one because my wear marks are only noticeable in certain light, looking at a certain angle.

Maybe some paint and some clear stick on armor type film would solve this. I believe Aerostich sells clear armor film.

#14 ·
I started to get that wear. I cut some carbon fiber decal to fit over and liked the look. The decals wear too, but not as obvious. When they wear too much I'm going to replace it with rubber TechSpec material I have in sheets.

#15 · (Edited)
I have the same sort of wear and simply put a Joe Rocket sticker over each worn area. Thanks, Joe Rocket, for including them with your products.
The stickers do, as ATYC said, wear as well but not a noticeably and stickers are cheap. Have to admit though that the carbon fiber option looks really good. :thumb:

#19 ·
#21 ·
You guys sure it's actual wear, and not just rubber from your boots? I have pretty severe markings on my brake side plate, and nothing on the shifter side, because I sit slightly twisted and wear softer-soled jump boots. I had assumed it was wear too, until I got a random scratch down to the metal there, and I can swear there's still paint under the black stuff. Hasn't bothered me enough to do anything about it, but maybe someone can try buffing/polishing this out and see if it's removable?

#23 · (Edited)
Perfect. And it's replaceable if needed. Good job.
As for powder coating... Wouldn't that just rub through/off with continued normal use? I'd keep what you've got and put any powder coating cash to something else... And try to understand that the older you get the less you'll sweat this type small stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.