Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Water-cooled BMW R1200GS

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Bones 
#1 ·
Water-cooled BMW R1200GS is new from the ground up

This exclusive spy shot proves the next generation BMW R1200GS will be new from the ground-up,
with an all-new water-cooled engine, revamped styling and major chassis changes.
&
Photos reveal a prototype of what appears to be BMW's 2012 R1200GS.
The updated GS will utilize an all-new liquid-cooled version of the iconic Boxer Twin.

#4 ·
Seen it, sat on it, not overly impressed by it. Yes, it's a totally new engine etc, but still the same, if you know what I mean. Quality seems ok, but no prices yet available.

Having owned an '05 model, I can't see me rushing out to place an order anytime soon.

The new KTM Adventure looked better IMO. Quality also seemed better than the BMW offering. I think I'd be more inclined to go to the orange side from first impressions.

The Ducati MS Pikes Peak edition was gorgeous, but would I ever buy a Duke ? Not too sure.

#5 ·
The Beemer's beak looks downright comical.

I wonder if liquid cooling will fix the vibration inherent in a flat twin...that's been the deal breaker in RT's and GS's for me.

#8 ·
I love the look of the BMW and the the old air cooled boxer had one of the nicest engine sounds and hardly any vibration for a twin. Nice to see they stayed with the same basic powerplant and layout and styling but just improved things. It will be interesting to see how it stacks up against the competition from Triumph, Yamaha, and Ducati.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.