Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

kawasaki Vario Windshield?

7K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  MotoSailor 
#1 ·
See less See more
#4 ·
I put over 7000 miles on the Versys with the Kawasaki Vario screen. First thing I can tell you is that it is darker tint than the catalog shows which is a good thing IMO.

I mostly ride with the vario part down but when I want some more wind protection if it is raining, bugs are thick, or it got cold on me, it is nice to be able to just reach forward and add protection.

I prefer to have my head in the clean air than behind a windshield and with the Vario I get the best of both worlds.

You can see it on my bike here: http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20371 and here: http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19350

#11 · (Edited)

I didn't know where to start with placement so I just mounted it on the holes for the highest position and moved the adjustable blade to the highest setting.

I took it for a short ride and it turns out that those settings worked just fine. It eliminated the buffering I was getting that was shaking my head to death. It didn't do anything for wind noise but I didn't think it was going to. I'm just happy that the windshield is smoothing out or redirecting the wind that was causing all the harsh buffering.

It is smaller than I thought it was going to be and it is darker than all the pictures show it, that's not a bad thing IMHO.

I'll ride with it a little more and try and get some better pictures of it.

#18 ·
Problem I find with earplugs is that after about 6 hours or so, they start hurting like mad.

Can anyone tell me whether this windscreen significantly cut down on wind noise? I'm 5' 11" and have the Shoei Neotec and even with the stock windscreen on the highest setting, there is still quite a bit of wind noise.

#19 · (Edited)
I'm 5'7" as I mentioned above and it has fixed the wind noise for me, the only problem is now the windshield vibrates badly at 4,500 rpm. About your earplugs hurting, I use ear putty which totally moulds itself to your ears. My ear canals are tiny and ear plugs and ear buds will not go into my ears, but the ear putty is great you can break off a small piece you don't need to use a whole one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.