Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

How much for 2012 Versys?

4K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  zedseven50 
#1 ·
To avoid high jacking someone else's thread, I figured I'd start another thread.
Anyway, kinda curious what others paid, will pay, would pay for a 2012 Versys, this time of the year.
Anyone know of any upcoming promotions or factory incentives?
The local dealer has a couple 2012's, without trying too hard, I've got them to $7600 OTD (which includes $260 DMV fees), can I expect to do much better? I'm really not crazy about buying new which is part of why I feel like I need the BEST deal possible.

#4 ·
$7600 OTD is about right. If you want the bike, I'd consider it money well spent. Dealers are ready to move them out because of the 2013 line-up starting to arrive. There's likely a manufacturer to dealer program going on behind the scenes as well. Pay what you think is fair but, you certainly wouldn't be "overpaying" at $7600 OTD. Running around, trying to squeeze out that extra hundred bucks may end up not being worth it, or result in missing out on getting one altogether.

#8 ·
I will add what I always do - OTD price means NOTHING! Every state / country has different taxes.

THe only price that matters to compare is cost / dealer add ons price. Taxes wind up the same no matter where it is bought - but do not show up in the OTD comparison of a home town purchase or one state over.

#9 ·
There is no sales tax here (or if I were to buy from Washington, which is an option), the dealer "normally" charges $499 freight and set up. So he said they could waive the freight and setup and pay the $260 DMV fee, to give me an OTD of $7600. So I guess I could look at it 2 different ways.

$7340 2012 Versys
$260 DMV fees
$7600 Total

-or-

$6841 2012 Versys
$499 freight and setup
$260 DMV fees
$7600 Total

#11 ·
Anyone know of any upcoming promotions or factory incentives? Or even when Kawasaki might normally make a move to clear out the 2012 models?

The promotion in Canada where you can get the side racks and saddlebags for $99 makes me nervous if I "pull the trigger" too soon I'll miss out on something great, haha (nervous laughter).

#15 ·
FWIW, I saw an ad about a month ago, for 2012's for $6999 + DMV fees ($260) in state. So I FINALLY got around to getting a hold of the local dealer and presenting an offer of $6999 + DMV fees, and they accepted. Might be that we had our first snow today, or that it is so close to Christmas, either way I'm pretty stoked, got all my farkles picked out and now that I have the bike settled, I can start picking those up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.