Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Hello from Blackpool UK

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  kiwi 41 
#1 ·
Hello all, just saying hello. Just bought a 2010 versys in yellowy orange! Only had one ride. Spot on, very nippy, looking forward to more rides.:)

#5 ·
Sorry to be the one to tell you, but the red ones are faster.
Black IS the fastest color by simple logic. For one when you see black it's because it has absorbed all the other colors, nothing gets away. Likewise, think about a black hole, it overcomes the speed of light, once you've past the event horizon nothing escapes, the darkness consumes it all. So therefore, following simple logic, black has to be the fastest if nothing can go fast enough to get away.

#8 ·
:welcome: from Seattle and all it's wetness. And don't let them kid you, green is really the fast color.

I had a ride through Blackpool in 1987 on our way to Prestwick to ship our bikes home. We ended up staying further out of Blackpool at Kirkham at the St George's Hotel. While having a pint at the bar, our accents were noticed and several gents said they had been to the US, more specifically to Seattle, and Tacoma. They were in the military and had been to the US for maneuvers. I remarked that I remembered their arrival, and described the weather to them as it had snowed that day and they had de-planed on the tarmac at the airport, rather than using a jetway and the terminal. I knew as I had met the planes and cleared the passengers. They were amazed at what a small world it was.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.