Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

which hard pannier

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  cyclesarge 
#1 · (Edited)
Please help me decide on hard Pelican type side panniers. The choice seems to be:

21.2" x 16" x 8.3" Pelican Storms at 126.00

The Seahorse 720 at 48.00 is attractive and not a lot smaller at 20.19"x 15.53" x 7.48"

20.7 x 17.1 x 8.6 Pelican 1550 at 126.00

Leaning towards the 22 x 18.5 x 8.5 SKB at 98.00 but worry that they will look too large.

#3 ·
wondering which look more in proportion to the bike and are not any wider than the bars

I never carry a passenger with all her junk, stay in hotels as it is cheap here, and getting a top box for capacity, so pannier capacity while nice is not critical
Leaning towards the Seahorse at this point

Still waffling on the top box choice

#4 ·
so pannier capacity while nice is not critical

Still waffling on the top box choice

Why not go with soft side cases when needed. I have the 55 litre topcase and when needed i slap on soft saddle bags and also a cortech tailbag on the passenger pillion if needed.

#6 ·
#8 ·
I like the Pelican style bags and they have held up very well. Mine came with built in locks on top and mounting plates. Distributor is Caribou Panniers.

Sorry, can't remember the size but if you like the look on the bike, I can measure and send them to you.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.