Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

New Dunlop Roadsmart tire? Reviews?

5K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  arombaut@msn.com 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried the new Dunlop Roadsmart tire on their Versys?

Here are the details:

"...Dunlop Roadsmart™, an advanced sport-touring radial tire that elevates the class standard with remarkable wet-weather performance, exceptional mileage and sportbike handling.

The best wet-weather performance of any Dunlop road tire, with long-lasting mileage to match.

MT-Multi-Tread compound rear tire incorporates a long-wearing compound in the center of the tire tread and a lateral-grip compound on each shoulder to maximize cornering performance and provide class-leading grip and feel.

Micro-sized carbon particles improve dry grip under acceleration, and wet grip is improved with a special silica additive.

Cosecant-curve tread design with deep and long grooves to evacuate the maximum amount of water in both straight-line and cornering conditions.

Available first quarter of 2008."

see http://www.dunlopmotorcycle.com/tirecatalog_tire.asp?id=101

Has anyone tried one of these?

See less See more
#3 ·
roadsmart

Thanks for the info!

So, what kind of riding do you do? Freeway cruising/Long distance touring? Twisties? Smoking burn outs? or conservative commuter?

4,000 miles to wear a flat spot seems to be short tire life to me, but I'm a newby to street bikes, so I don't know what is typical tire wear.

#5 ·
Roadsmart Tires

I ride my bike hard but I don't do any burnouts and stuff like that. I ride on the highway, twisty roads, and dirt roads. My longest ride on the bike was 750 miles in one day. I bought a front and rear tire for about $250 from Moto X Outlet. That's including $25 for shipping and I got them in 1 day.

#6 ·
Have about 12,000 (might make it to about 17,000) on the rear RoadSmart and have about 7000 on the front.

The tires are great in my opinion in every way. Long wearing, feel good on hwy and city, and have worked great in heavy rains. Never felt a slip.

Looks like when I need replacing tires again, it's RoadSmart again.

#7 ·
Thanks for the info!

I have had my Versys for only 1100 miles and the stock tire had a screw in it already. I hope I was not riding on that for very long. I am a daily rider and I use the bike for commuting, not for pleasure, although the bike is extremely comfortable. I am hoping that these Roadsmart tires are going to maintain a smooth ride. I am only researching prices right now, but I will be purchasing tonight. I already have the rear wheel off. It was very painful (feelings only) to remove the wheel off of what I still consider a new bike. The tread was pristine even. Oh well, things like this happen I guess. I suppose that the situation could have resulted in a blow-out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.