Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

"Drooping" soft saddlebags...

4K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  weljo2001 
#1 ·
Over the years I've read a few posts asking if anyone has a solution to the dreaded saddlebag "droop". My Vs have the saddlebag hard-support that a lister from central AZ made and sold a few years back, but my 'bags (FIELDSHEER) STILL droop, seemingly from the hard supports in them 'folding', but I have found a solution - and here it is, with pics!
:yeahsmile:

Get a belt, or webbing with plastic ends that 'snap' together (mine are about 42" overall length), and attach it through the handles of the bags and tighten it OVER your seat as necessary to stop the droop. (The belt in these pics cost all of $2!)
:clap:

Attachments

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
Like how Ed solved the problem with the drooping bags. So i gave it a shot but didn't want any straps over the seat. So i got a strap off of one of the sets of bike luggage and set it up like Ed but put the strap under the seat. Well the strap has a plastic buckle so it was a pain getting the seat on and once on the mid to rear of the seat was a little higher because of the buckle.So i had a little foward slide on this last ride i was on. Thought about it some but still didn't want anything over the seat, So went to Harbour Freight and got some heavy duty zip ties. Put the seat how i wanted then zip tied it up used 2 ties just for the heck of it. Seat went on easy just need to adjust a little the right is a smidge high just need to level them up.

IMG_2405 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_2406 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_2407 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_2408 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_2409 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_2410 by weljo2001, on Flickr

#7 ·
#9 ·
Oh if only you had posted this before my Vance & Hines shredded my Nelson riggs right side bag :( Mostly my fault though, i loaded them poorly. Still, thanks for the solution!

#10 ·
The bags in the photos are loaded down with tools,air compressor,electronics,etc. All the stuff i carry for a breakdown or roadside maintenance.

#12 ·
Yea at first you have to play around with it. But i like it under the seat so noboby can just walk by and snatch the bags off.

#16 ·
Yea i took those off awhile back. Don't really have a need for them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.