Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

debadging?

66K views 222 replies 122 participants last post by  ATYC 
#1 ·
I've looked through most of the photos, has no one else debadged? While I had the panels off to fix the buzzzz I removed the kawasaki and versys decals, and now it looks really clean! I'll try to borrow a camera tomorrow to post some pictures. With those removed there really aren't any markings left to identify the bike, I kind of like that look.

#172 · (Edited)
Just bought mine last week and LOVE it! I don't want to trash the paint, but would like to get rid of the decals. What is the best method?
Use a heat gun, even a hair dryer might work. If using a heat gun be careful to keep the heat gun moving an not apply too much heat to one spot or you could potentially melt your fairing. Heat the decal and scrape off with your finger nails or plastic (not metal) scraper (soft enough it won't scratch the surface). After the decal has been removed use "Go Gone" or other adhesive remover to clean up the adhesive goo left behind. Heating first softens the adhesive and makes decal removal a LOT easier.

#12 ·
Tried it and it works great indeed. Although I was careful not to overheat the plastic (found out when I was a kid that you could melt plastic with a hair dryer! :p )

It came right off, and I cleaned the remaining glue residu with my helmet cleaner (cleaner for plastic and metal). I removed the dealer sticker and the Versys on both sides but kept the Kawasaki I think it looks ok on the black versys.

#15 ·
Swingarm Too

The stickers on the swing arm come off easier that the ones on the bodywork. Why do we need decals to tell us what the air pressure and chain play should be? Also, I could care less what EPA regulations this bike meets! :D

#17 ·
You'd be surprised what Honda on the side does to head scratching!!! Had them going at the Gap on Fri!!
One guy in Tellico on Sun asked if he could get one at a Honda dealer yet!!!
Great fun!!!

#28 ·
I love it! I considered debadging mine and putting Ducati stickers on it too. There are lots of Ducatis in my group of friends and everyone calls the bike a "poor man's multistrada" anyway....

A few days ago, I got an SMS from a friend I hadn't spoken to in several months. I mentioned getting a new bike - a Versys.

He replied back: "I had to Google it. It's basically a Kawasaki Multistrada 650?"

Yep. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.