Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

If there are rear lowering kit for Versys,

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  fasteddiecopeman 
#1 ·
Is there any rear height increasing kit for the versys too?

I find that with current 14.2kg/mm, despite i love how it soaks up the bumps, i would often bottom out with the battery compartment hitting the rear huger. Increasing the height by about half to an inch would be lovely.

Any pointers?

#7 ·
I've done this on BOTH my Vs, tho' it's attached to the inner rear fender, not the battery box, and NOTHING interferes with the swingarm. The flap is flexible enough to protect, AND stay out of the way! Co$t... maybe $5 each...!
:thumb:

Attachments

#3 ·
Well, i'm afraid that it would hit the swingarm direct then. Probably would consider a stiffer spring swap if i cant get a height increase kit.

#5 ·
Sounds like the Law of Unintended Consequences kicking in. Non-stock (R1) shock with a longer stroke means that parts hit before the shock bottoms out. Raising the ride height at the rear might have some other unintended consequences- nervous handling, cracking your nuts on the tank, etc. That said, it seems like it could be done. A different shock with a slightly longer eye-to eye length could be used with your custom spring. The shock mount on the swingarm or frame could be removed and re-welded. Or, leaving the ride height alone, you could switch to a smaller battery like a Shorai, then modify the battery box.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.